Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my general purpose everyday bring to the store list but was wondering what everyone thought about its competitive possibilities or what I could tweak where.

HQ

Warboss- 150
-Bike
-Attack Squiq
-Cybork Body
-PK

KFF Mek- 85

Elites

15 Lootas x30- 675

Troops

20 Boyz x4- 720
-PK BP Nob
-2 Rokkits

Fast Attack

3 Bikes- 110
-PK Nob

15 Stormboyz- 253
-Zagstruck

Total- 1993 (I know that's enough room to fit one more boy in)

Just wanted to get feedback any and all constructive will be highly appreciated

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I'd drop the bikes and use the points to stick in more stormboyz, maybe give your Big Mek Cybork body or Eavy Armour, maybe add Eavy Armour to the Warboss.

Apart from that looks decent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thanks for the thought I just had a hard time figuring out what to do with 110 points and seemed as if they'd do alright either running with the warboss or split off causing mayhem somewhere else. It's also one of the few things that I found that works decently well taking out higher AV targets. Any ideas what to do with the points that would still work well for high AV?

·
4,491 Posts
This is my general purpose everyday bring to the store list but was wondering what everyone thought about its competitive possibilities or what I could tweak where.

HQ

Warboss- 150
-Bike
-Attack Squiq
-Cybork Body
-PK
Looks ok.

KFF Mek- 85

Elites

15 Lootas x30- 675
Thats a lot of points spent on Lootas dude. Consider dropping them to 3 units of 10 and use the other 225 points on more Boyz.

Troops

20 Boyz x4- 720
-PK BP Nob
-2 Rokkits
Are these Shoota or Slugga Boyz? If Shoota, then change the Rokkits to Big Shootas. If Slugga, then drop the special weapons completely. Also try running 30 in a unit.

Fast Attack

3 Bikes- 110
-PK Nob
Needs a Bosspole. Try adding a couple of extra bikes in here too. Either that or drop them completely and run a Kan Wall.

15 Stormboyz- 253
-Zagstruck
Not a fan of them personally (can get 30 Boyz for a lot cheaper and are scoring), but some people like them.

Total- 1993 (I know that's enough room to fit one more boy in)

Just wanted to get feedback any and all constructive will be highly appreciated
My feedback is above.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great post cheese thank you here's what I was thinking dropping the lootas down like you said adding more bikes to the unit to make it stick around longer (hopefully). Also the boyz are shoota boyz and I was just wondering why go with the big shoota instead of the rokkits don't I want some strength eight shooting?

·
Registered
221 Posts
quick answer, Big shoota's are better at taking down infantry and don't shoot at tanks. Boyz should not shoot at tanks because that would be wasting a lot of shots. Also due to BS 2, 2 rokkits statistically miss as it is 1 in 3 to hit

About the lootaz, math hammer suggests that they work better in groups of no less than 8 and no more than 11 for points effectiveness. Also due to much play testing I have found this to be true

·
4,491 Posts
Lets assume there are 30 Boyz in the squad, and 3 Rokkits or Big Shootas.

You will be wanting to shoot at infantry rather than a vehicle, otherwise you will be wasting the other 54 shots from the unit.

Against T3....

3 Rokkit shots
1 hit
0.833 wound

9 Big Shoota shots
3 hit
2.5 wound

Against T4...

3 Rokkit shots
1 hit
0.833 wound

9 Big Shoota shots
3 hit
2 wound

Only benefit is the AP3 on the Rokkit. Against marines, 3 Rokkits will kill 0.833 marines compared to 0.667 with the Big Shoota.
But if the marines are in cover, then the Big Shoota is FAR more effective.
Against anything with a basic 5+ save, the Big Shoota is even more effective again.

Not to mention the fact that the Big Shoota is half the cost and has an extra 12" more range compared to the Rokkit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok fair enough I see your point so my next question is if I take the lootas down to ten each and change the rokkits for big shootas what do I use to handle AV 13 or 14 am I just relying on getting into combat with it?

·
Registered
466 Posts
lootas can glance AV13 to death and thats allways fun to do where as AV14 the only thing we really have are deff rollas, PKs, weirdboy (logshot but hes worked for me loads) and ive glance to death a landraider before with gretchin kannons.

at 2,000 points i dont see why you couldnt run a 6 strong nob bikers unit and stick the warboss in with them this unit is killer just try to keep them behind building they may have to race a bit to get to armour 14 but with a strength 10 pk (warboss) and say two nobs with pks its going to explode, hope this little bit of info helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts