Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as i know this list is battle forged (knights are their force org slot and separate from allies). The idea is to use Ahriman to roll exclusively on telepathy looking for invis and shrouding to buff and use him and the 1K sons sorcerer to cast psychic shriek 4x times! Everything else races forward. Knight, Bloodthirster, landraider w/ lord and khorne dogs charge turn two. Soul Grinder Runs first turn charges turn 3. I hope to provide too many targets to effectively deal with before i charge, using Arihman squad to mop up troops with psychic shriek. Will be infiltrating Ahriman and 1k sons w/ warlord trait.

HQ(370)
Ahriman (Warlord) = 230pts
Chaos Lord + Black Mace + Aura of Dark Glory + MoS = 140pts (in land raider w/ MoS squad)

Troops(381)
7x Thousand Sons = 196pts
- Aspiring Sorcerer will roll on telepathy
8x Chaos Space Marines + 2x Flamers + Mos + Icon of Excess + Champ Lightning Claw = 185pts (In
Land Raider w/ Lord)

Heavy Support(230)
Land Raider = 230pts

Allies HQ(290)
Bloodthirster + 2x Greater Rewards = 290pts

Allied Troops(45)
3x Nurglings = 45pts

Allied Fast Attack(144)
9x Flesh Hounds of Khorne = 144pts

Allied Heavy Support(170)
Soul Grinder + Dos + Baleful Torrent = 170pts

Knight Detachment(370)
Knight Errant = 370pts

Death to the servants of the false emperor.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think this looks great man. As you said, most people will feel too overwhelmed by everything to effectively deal with what they should actually be prioritizing. There's basically enough scary things on the board that someone is going to have a hard time figuring out what they want to kill first. Only thing i really see wrong with this list is the 2 flamers on the squad of eight. unless they are 10 they can only have one special weapon, unless you meant a combi-flamer on the champ. Drop the other flamer and the legal flamer and pick yourself up a nice, shiny meltagun imo.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks good apart from 1 thing to me...

You HAVE to ROLL 1 of your powers as Tzeentch for Ahriman and that Asp Sorc because you are marked.
You of course get your chaos focus for free (yay) but that doesn't count as a roll. So that Asp Sorc cant roll telepathy. Ahriman as well gets his focus of Tzeentch and has to roll 1 on Tzeentch but has free reign on what other 3 he wants to roll up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are right on both points. I totally forgot that marked units are obligated to roll a power off their gods table!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I thought that whole 'have to roll one power thing' was replaced by mark sorcerers getting there gods primus for free?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought that whole 'have to roll one power thing' was replaced by mark sorcerers getting there gods primus for free?
nah, they get the primaris power as compensation for not being able to get the regular psychic focus. Bc you don't roll for the primaris and the codex says "If the Psyker has a Mark of Chaos, or is a Daemon of a particular Chaos God, they must roll at least one..." So a ML 1 Sorcerer of Tzeentch gets the primaris power from tzeentch for free but his other power MUST be a rolled power from Tzeentch. A ML 3 will have two tzeetch powers and two from whatever you pick. The way to avoid chaos psychic focus is to not mark your sorcerer.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
The way to avoid chaos psychic focus is to not mark your sorcerer.
wich is also better 'cause you can join any squad you need to. Let's very clear about this: marking a sorceror should be free, given the downside. A lord is fine, but a sorceror? just downsides.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Only prob ever with not marking is that you then cant take thousand sons as troop... (I know... boo hooo hoo, I cant take a unit that is overpriced...)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Only prob ever with not marking is that you then cant take thousand sons as troop... (I know... boo hooo hoo, I cant take a unit that is overpriced...)
in 7th ed they score too...they will not be "hard scoring" but hey...that's what cultists are for!
(and also bohoo hoo i can't take as troops the 3rd worst unit in the codex ...)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
AND thousand suns give you more warp charges for mind bullets while still being battle forged if you get a lot of them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts