Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am at a crossroads with my blood angels list. To go hybrid mech or to go fluffy awesome angels. You guys help me decide wich will be more fun and more competitive.

List #1 - Hybrid Mech

HQ
Librarian - Shield Rage - 100
Mephiston - 250

Elite
Priest - Jump Pack - 75
Priest - 50
Terminator Assault Squad - 210
Land Raider Crusader - Extra Armor Melta - 275

Troops
Assault Squad - 2x Melta Power Fist - 235

Fast Attack
Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145
Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145

This list has 45 points left over to play with.

List #2 - Angels from the skies.

HQ
Dante - 225
Librarian - Shield Blood Lance Jump Pack - 125

Elite
Priest - Jump Pack - 75
Priest - Jump Pack - 75
Priest - Jump Pack - 75

Troops
Sanguinary Guard - 2x Infernus Power Fist - 230
Sanguinary Guard - 2x Infernus Power Fist - 230

Fast Attack
Veteran Assault Squad ( VV ) - Jump Packs Power Weapon x5 - 225
Veteran Assault Squad ( VV ) - Jump Packs Power Weapon x5 - 225

This list leaves 75 points left over to fool around with.

So what do you think? What seems move viable? Thanks for the input in advance.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Overall I feel your first list has more of a focus than your second, but both have the potential to be viable. The Dante Wing needs fire support in order to be effective and a unit that has access to invulnerable save in order to hold anything from MC to Hammernators in place.

But w/ no changes I'd say the first list.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i agree go with the second but take out a priest or 2 to make a devastator squad and also make your librarian into a reclusiarch with a jump pack and run him with your guard you then get the same effect as the librarian but with one more bs and one more w

·
Registered
990 Posts
I prefer list 2 but I'd get an honour guard in there to support the Librarian, give them 3-4 meltas & then you'll be much more relaxed when your opponent brings AV13-14.

Dallas

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
first off whats a VV squad? (vanguard?)

i like the second list put some combi flamers in your squads that dont have any flamers

not sure on what the points difference is between BA & SM but perhaps a dakka/baal pred

·
Registered
242 Posts
I personally think that you should go with the second list but If you were to go with the first one I'd reccomend trying to find a way to add another priest in there. With 3 Assault squads you need 2 priests to go with them or else there isn't a big enough bubble to protect them all (I take it the one wothout the JP is going with the termies.)

·
Registered
990 Posts
I was thinking of dropping a VV squad for an honor guard. Best move?
I think for this kind of list to be competitive you need melta Honur Guard and Vanguard Veterans in there. The VV have the ability to assault which is crucial so don't drop one of those units. I'd look at dropping one of the sanguinary guard for them, the ability to DOA 3 melta guns & a librarian in will make all the difference when you face Land Raiders etc.

Dallas

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The main reason I wanted to play this list is because the Sanguinary Guard look amazing. So I was thinking and I have 2 options since it has been said I need both my Veterans. I could either
A)Drop to a 5 man assault squad with a melta and drop a priest for a honor guard
or
B) convert a Sanguinary Guard box into honor guards, wings and all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts