Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being down with back surgery has given me time to put some thought into my army. I know the BT's aren't the most competitive army out there, but I really enjoy them and I think you can win with them if you play them right.

Here's what I've come up with:

HQ
1 - Emperor's Champ, AAC 140

Troops

5*Initiates 199
(1*CCW/Power Weapon, 1*Flamer, 3*Bolter, Frags)
(Razorback, TLLC, HKM, Smoke, Searchlight)

5*Initiates 159
(1*CCW/Power Weapon, 4*Bolter, Frags)
(Rhino, HKM, Smoke, Searchlight)

5*Initiates 159
(1*CCW/Power Weapon, 4*Bolter, Frags)
(Rhino, HKM, Smoke, Searchlight)

Elite

5*Terminators 498
(1*Aslt Can, 1*CML, 2*Chainfist, 1*PF, Furious Charge)
(LRC, HKM, Smoke)

5*Terminators 499
(3*LC, 2*TH/SS, Furious Charge)
(LRC, HKM, Searchlight, Smoke)

Dreadnought 118
(MM, Smoke)

Heavy Support

Predator Destructor 114
(2*Heavy Bolters, Smoke, Searchlight)

Predator Destructor 114
(2*Heavy Bolters, Smoke, Searchlight)

That's pretty much where it sits. The biggest thing here was getting both LRC's in the game. I did give up pretty much any mobility with support fire because of it, but outside dumping a lumping 2 Crusader Squads together in one Rhino, then breaking them into combat squads upon disembarkment (but losing one of the CCW/PW combos in the exchange), dumping a few of the H/KMs and throwing the points into an attack bike squad with MM's for mobility, that's about it.

Any BT experts care to chime in?

·
Registered
186 Posts
EC with AAC-- good stuff, and the only way to ride however u have not taken a lot of stuff to go with this.

drop the hkm and smoke off the razer, when do u plan on not shooting the tllc? drop the frags and if u want the missile give it to a marine.

drop the hkm and searchlite and frags (EC has grenades so no need to get them on the squad) get ccw/bp combo for squad. more than likely with a melta and powerfist as well.

terminators in the LRC is great, but only the assault type. Furious charge is all but lost on the regular terminators s9 i1 is not that great. s5 i5 reroll hits/wounds is awsome! Drop the hkm off the lrc as well the mm and assault cannon will do just fine.

The dread is a little out of place. I have found that he gets left behind and out of range. Just personal preference but I would drop him all together for more bodies.

Put LasCannon sponsons on the pred Auto las is worth it's weight in gold!

So in conclusion 15 marines in a 2k list is WAY TOO LOW!!!! for black templar. Use all the extra points to get more marines into the list. try to get a melta and powerfist into each group. A good alternative to the shooty termi is a big ass crusader squad.

·
Registered
186 Posts
optional list...
EC AAC =366
8x marines; PF, MG
Rhino, smoke

8x marines 2x neo; PF, MG = 226
rhino, smoke

5x marines LazCannon, Plasma Gun = 191
Razor Back TLLC

5x termi 3 LC 2 TH SS, FC = 483