Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here ya go @kiro the avenger!, another BA list post to break up your block. I played this my last time out with the Angels:

Golden Host Formation

Dante
5x Sanguinary Guard - 3x swords, axe, fist, banner
5x Sanguinary Guard - 3x swords, axe, fist, 2x inferno pistols​

Baal Strike Force Detachment

HQ
Death Company Chaplain​

ELITES
Command squad - 3x meltaguns, Drop Pod
Furioso Dreadnought - heavy flamer, frag cannon, Drop Pod w. locator beacon
Furioso Dreadnought - heavy flamer, frag cannon, Drop Pod w. locator beacon
10x man Death Company - 2x fists, jump packs​

TROOPS
10x man Tactical squad - meltagun, heavy flamer, Rhino
10x man Tactical squad - meltagun, heavy flamer, Rhino​

FAST ATTACK
Attack Bike - multi melta​

I lost by a point (First Blood was stolen from me! :angry:) but it held up quite nicely. Dante and the SG charging without the bonuses aren't quite as snazzy as I'm used to, but they're practically guaranteed a charge the turn you decide they arrive and that's so worth it to me.

Anyone see anything they'd change/have any questions about how it plays?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
How does the lone attack bike do? I've always assumed a single bike with a single multi-melta is too vulnerable with too little bunch to achieve much of anything.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It popped a couple Rhinos (the game I played was against the new Death Guard Legion CSM rules) and tied up a unit of marines in a punch fest for several turns before finally succumbing to a ton of dice. Real handy as a quick objective grabber or general transport popper travelling with my Rhinos.

Ultimately it filled up 55 points quite nicely. I'd rather a dual MM Land Speeder to accompany the Tactical marines but dropping the locator beacons on the Pods only gets me to 75 points of the required 80 and everything's kitted pretty tight already. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Drop a Tactical's melta gun to a flamer? That and your 2 locator beacons is your 80 points.
Alternatively you could drop a Death Company marine plus the melta to a flamer for 82 points.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it really worth doing anything for one more melta shot from a more fragile platform though? We're looking at making it harder for reinforcements to come in where they're needed, a few less attacks/one less wound before my DCC or fists die, and/or getting rid of another melta shot.

I think I'd sooner play a Scout squad instead of an Attack Bike but that has never gel'd with my play style much (despite my Scouts being some of my only BA to survive the great re-paint that is going on currently).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Is it really worth doing anything for one more melta shot from a more fragile platform though? We're looking at making it harder for reinforcements to come in where they're needed, a few less attacks/one less wound before my DCC or fists die, and/or getting rid of another melta shot.

I think I'd sooner play a Scout squad instead of an Attack Bike but that has never gel'd with my play style much (despite my Scouts being some of my only BA to survive the great re-paint that is going on currently).
Nah I reckon you're better with what you have than the land speeder tbh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts