Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holy smokes BA vehicles have been getting a lot of love recently. Flyer Wings, Dreadnought attack errata, a Baal Predator in the new Start Collecting box...what a time to be alive! I need another Baal (and another Furioso kit, though I could just play a normal Dread with frag cannon and heavy flamer power fist) but it's coming in the real and near future. I've concocted what I think to be one heck of a mechanized assault but there's some things I'm still unsure of. Given that I won't be able to play this list for a little while, or a game even with taking care of my kid occupying most of my time outside of work, I have plenty of time to theorize and craft lists to their most potent organization. Anyway, here's my idea:

Baal Strike Force

HQ

Librarian Dreadnought - ML2, Drop Pod

Elites

5x man Death Company - power fist, bolters

5x man Death Company - power fist, bolters

Furioso - frag cannon, heavy flamer, Drop Pod

Furioso - frag cannon, heavy flamer, Drop Pod

Troops

5x man Tactical squad - heavy flamer, Razorback w. lascannons

5x man Tactical squad - heavy flamer, Razorback w. lascannons

Fast Attack

Land Speeder - typhoon missile launcher, heavy bolter

Heavy Support

Baal Predator - assault cannon, heavy bolters

Air Superiority Detachment

Stormraven Flyer Wing
- Stormraven w. lascannons, multi-melta
- Stormraven w. assault cannon, multi-melta

Thoughts and concerns:

- Should the DC go in the Stormravens or the Razorbacks? Tacticals are less points/sweet infantry lost if a bird gets shot down but not getting to charge out of the transport for the DC saddens me.

- Should I drop the fists in the DC down to axes and use those points to take lascannons on the Tactical squads and play them as support backfield to assist with armour?

- Is it worth dropping the ML2 upgrade on the Libbynaught for a TML on the LC-equipped Stormraven? Bitching about dogfights and DftS in general aside, having the extra range may be useful in that situation and also the blast weapons seem to benefit more from the +1 BS of a Vigilance Attack Pattern than a twin-linked multi-melta shot would.

- I will certainly be play testing at least one of those Baals as a flamestorm variant. Seems very useful when there's already two dakka versions.

Would love to hear some thoughts on the list, I'm pretty stoked to play it. Heck I'm even tempted to drop the Death Company for two twin-autocannon Dreadnoughts. Would have to either proxy lascannons as autocannons or make autocannon arms but that's intriguingly doable looking at my conversion supplies. Who needs infantry, right?

Lemme know what you think, fellow Heretics!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts