Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi! I'm thinking on getting in the game again, played some Eldar in 6th, but AM/IG were always one of my fav armies. Looking for a solid mechanized list, with a room for experimentation and fun modifications, yours seems pretty much it :)

Any comments on experince/performance/changes with that list so far? What armies have you faced with it?

How do you use these psykers, I don't really get it... I'm new to 7th, so maybe I just don't yet get the rules. Do you pop them out from transport to cast some stuff, then stuff them back inside next turn when it's time to move?

Also, what's so great about Pask on a Punisher? I know the whole concept seems awesome enough, but I'm interested in preferred targets for his squad. Also, would it drop in effecience dramatically if I demote him just to Tank Commander? Not everyone is a fan of lists with named ICs.

(sorry, my native lang is Russian, and I'm pretty good wih English, but not too great - I'd clarify anything if you'd need me to)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well Tixed, this list has faced down everything from the Eye of Terror to the Tau Empire, its a solid list with plenty of components that you can change based on your play style. Personally a couple months back I changed the 2 melta vet squads out for Hellhound/Devil Dogs, with the variant depending on the opposing army (Hordes hate flamers, MEQs hate melta). Also considering that the Hellhound variants are Fast tanks they can get with in optimal range very quickly, give them camo netting and dozer blades and this adds to their survivability, now if only there was a way to better their accuracy... Other possible changes to the list would be the replacement of the LRBT's with Manticores, or drop a vet quad and take a pair of hyrdas or wyverns, this all depends on what you go up against.
The way I use my psykers is primarily a support role. They hang back in the deployment zone with all their powers being from divination. They support Pask's squadron mostly, all the while staying out of LOS to the enemy.
Pask is worth the points you put in. Without the rending, tank hunter and preferred enemy that he has/gives this list would falter in its duty quite often. Demoting him would be rather pointless and a waste of the 30 points you spent on the commander.
But firstly buy the codex then you can see for yourself the kinds of nasty you can bring with a list like this. Just avoid Basilisks, they suck!
Thanks! Was thinking about bringing some Devil Dogs as well, melta blasts are really awesome (at least on paper). Would it be fine to forget about anti-air completely, drop the Vendetta and bring Wyvern squad of three for extra anti-infantry goodness? Dropping 12 small blasts with all of the rerolls and cover ignore is just... wow.

I did some extra math for Pask and he sure is great for his points. 4.75 AV12 average wounds from punisher gun alone is... scary. At least from the enemy's perspective, that is :)

How do you keep psykers out of LOS while advancing with the Pask's squad as you described in your tactics? Divination powers are pretty shortranged. Pop them in and out of Chimeras when needed?

By the way, there's one annoying word placement in the rules concerning firing ordnance weapons and then firing other weapons as snap shots only. Kinda makes HB sponsons on LRBT almost useless. Personally I think that is true only when vehicle MOVES and fires ordnance, which is implied by the prev wording. So, stationary vehicle fires all if it's weapons regardless of it's type, and heavy type rule should allow LBRTs to fire sponsons normally even if it moves and fires it main gun (since it can only move at Combat speed anyways). So, what do you think about that, was it sometimes an issue during the match, and if it did - how do you argue for it? AFAIK, there's no official FAQ regarding that issue, but FW agreed on my vision of the rules.

·
Registered
18 Posts
93rdSaphraDarkGuard: I see. Just thought that psykers by themselves are far too vulnerable even when hiding out of sight.

Devil Dogs - any upgrades besides dozer blade and camo? Hull multi-melta? Maybe some pintle-mounted wpn so main cannon will survive a bit longer.

How nasty are the new psykers? Maybe relic plating on front-line vehicles might be a good upgrade, it's cheap anyway.

Vendetta upgrades?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts