Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chocks away chaps!

We need your help now to get these new kits including a Gun Platform, Heavy Caliber Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher, Mortar and Cannon into production, with more to come! This project brings together Curious Constructs and Zinge Industries for a second Kickstarter campaign, following last years successful outing.

Check out the campaign page, which is,

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/649754189/steampunk-infantry-support-weapons-28mm-miniatures

Oh and don't forget these new weapons, and the platform, compatible as well with the existing Field Artillery kits just for good measure!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OneManNoodles, you are correct yes! The work in progress width of the models (i.e. the platform) is 50mm so shoudl fit comfortably on a 60mm base.

Last night the previews of the first four weapons all went live, heres a quick glimpse, for more check out the updates on the campaign page, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/649754189/steampunk-infantry-support-weapons-28mm-miniatures/.

Missile Launcher

Cannon

Mortar

and of course the Heavy Caliber Machine Gun

For anyone not following the campaign, we've reached over £4000 in funding, twice the initial goal, unlocking the first three Stretch Goals, a Barrage Balloon Anchor, Flak Cannon, and Multi-Mortar! The Multiple Missile Launcher and a Freebie of Ammo the next two stretches.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And the concepts are flowing now!

Here we have the Barrage Balloon Anchor concept!

And an early concept of the Flac Cannon!

Don't forget that Early Bird Pledges will close today, with more Concept previewing to come a little later on!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Anybody else had random emails about this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tawa, define random?

As far as I'm aware the only emails to have gone out are to Curious Constructs Newsletter subscribers, Zinge Industries subscribers and those who backed the previous Kickstarter?

So its been a few days since our last update, but theyve continued thick and fast on the Kickstarter!

First up we have the Multi-Mortar.

Secondly, Multiple Missile Launcher which has so far proven very popular!

Next, the first Freebie of the campaign, an Ammunition sprue featuring a selection of ammo types for the weapons so far unlocked, and a couple of those from the 2013 Kickstarter.

We've also unveiled the bizarre Homing Pigeon guidance system(!).

And most recently the Doomsday Missile.

We're still looking at the Flac Cannon at the moment, with further revisions planned, and have just announced the next few Stretch Goals, we're a scant distance away from the Searchlight, with the Flame Cannon, and three further Platform types next on the agenda - Wheeled, Tracked...and Legged!

Come and check out the campaign page if this latest batch gets your interest!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/649754189/steampunk-infantry-support-weapons-28mm-miniatures

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Hey :)
It came from a really weird looking email address. I'll have a rummage and see if it's still in my folders :)

Liking the look of the mini's though :good:

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I really like the way these look I may have to get some of them for my ork army or possibly my sisters army and make them steampunk styled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right oh Tawa, if you do happen to find it let me know and I'll see if I can find out who sent it. Glad you like em though!

And likewise morfangdakka! Steampunkish Sisters would definitely be an interesting one to see, we do have a future Freebie that might suit you quite well as well if we reach it! ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right, one further update!

We've had a couple more unlocks since my last proper update, with the Searchlight and Flame Cannon both becomming unlocked!

The Searchlight is also a multi-option kit, which allows you to build it in a couple of different ways.

With just over 24 hours to go we're closing in on unlocking the first of the Self-Propelled Platforms, the wheeled variant, beyond that are the Tracked and Walker versions.

Its not too late to get on board in the final 30 hours of the campaign, but dont leave it too long!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/649754189/steampunk-infantry-support-weapons-28mm-miniatures

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The campaign may be over, but progress continues with Kit from Zinge Industries Limited busy working on turning concepts into finalised designs.

On that note we have the Barrage Balloon Anchor,

and the Flame Cannon.

We also have a work in progress shot of the Flac Cannon,its changed alot from the original design taking on board all the feedback we've had from backers. I've got to say I'm really loving the way this one is coming together now myself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.