Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e0l_gNV5ytM/VIgh6ZahXUI/AAAAAAAAL1M/tTXO9-3ax8k/s1600/25.jpg

LotN
I haven't listened to Reynolds audio drama about Kharn yet, but after this I might. I think Graham has done a rather good version of Lucius during the Heresy, but it would be fun to see someone else tackle him. I wouldn't want Nick Kyme to write about him though as his stories are hit and miss all the time. He can do the Flawless Host, but not this iconic character.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
A teaser for the book, one that also makes it blatantly obvious who the book is about, has been released and it hints at what the book might actually be about;

Skalathrax... this could be a novel about Skalathrax. FINALLY! I've always wanted to see exactly how one warrior broke two Astartes Legions forever. I really do hope that Kharn: Eater of Worlds does depict the infamous massacre, either as the focus of the story or in flashbacks. And hopefully we'll get lots of the potential-flash-forward hallucinations that Kharn suffered from in Reynolds Chosen of Khorne audio-drama.

LotN
I really hope so as well! Laurie Gooulding is the only one who has written about Kharn during Skalathrax and that was a really short one (but still great). I'm glad they are finally fleshing out old background stories like this during the Scouring rather than boring 40k-novels only. The next thing on my wishlist would be Fulgrim vs. Guilliman.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/kharn-eater-of-worlds-ebook.html

Merry Christmas from Black Library. And a happy KILL MAIM BURN! to you all.

An origin series for Kharn, just like Ahriman. The only thing that could have been a better Christmas gift from BL, in my opinion, is the Black Legion Book II released early.

LotN
I talked with Reynolds and he expected the dead-tree-version would arrive sometime within Q1 of next year, I assume he meant the 1st quarter.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Finished Kharn. Its clearly playing up for at least one sequel. So it might very well be a trillogy alike the Ahriman series.
I surely welcome that if the novel is good. But with Reynolds trackrecord I would expect nothing less. :) I'm currently reading through Talon of Horus and I listened to Fabius Repairer of Ruin earlier on. Loving the fact that the they are finally fleshing out the Traitor Legions during the Legion Wars and the Scouring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts