Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And now, thanks to the greatness known as internet leaks, I can present this; (Credit goes to Venomlust for finding it and posting it in another topic.) (DO NOT LOOK AT THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE FINAL RELEASE OF THE ADVENT CALENDAR.)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e0l_gNV5ytM/VIgh6ZahXUI/AAAAAAAAL1M/tTXO9-3ax8k/s1600/25.jpg

LotN

·
Registered
279 Posts
What confuses me is that the release on the 22nd is called brotherhood of the moon and has the Luna wolf lodge medal on the cover. But the advent calendar shows that it should be a white scars release. Any thoughts or info on this?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What confuses me is that the release on the 22nd is called brotherhood of the moon and has the Luna wolf lodge medal on the cover. But the advent calendar shows that it should be a white scars release. Any thoughts or info on this?
Wrong topic, you should post that in the Advent Shorts topic. But that story will likely be about;

LotN

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e0l_gNV5ytM/VIgh6ZahXUI/AAAAAAAAL1M/tTXO9-3ax8k/s1600/25.jpg

LotN
I haven't listened to Reynolds audio drama about Kharn yet, but after this I might. I think Graham has done a rather good version of Lucius during the Heresy, but it would be fun to see someone else tackle him. I wouldn't want Nick Kyme to write about him though as his stories are hit and miss all the time. He can do the Flawless Host, but not this iconic character.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A teaser for the book, one that also makes it blatantly obvious who the book is about, has been released and it hints at what the book might actually be about;

Skalathrax... this could be a novel about Skalathrax. FINALLY! I've always wanted to see exactly how one warrior broke two Astartes Legions forever. I really do hope that Kharn: Eater of Worlds does depict the infamous massacre, either as the focus of the story or in flashbacks. And hopefully we'll get lots of the potential-flash-forward hallucinations that Kharn suffered from in Reynolds Chosen of Khorne audio-drama.

LotN

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
A teaser for the book, one that also makes it blatantly obvious who the book is about, has been released and it hints at what the book might actually be about;

Skalathrax... this could be a novel about Skalathrax. FINALLY! I've always wanted to see exactly how one warrior broke two Astartes Legions forever. I really do hope that Kharn: Eater of Worlds does depict the infamous massacre, either as the focus of the story or in flashbacks. And hopefully we'll get lots of the potential-flash-forward hallucinations that Kharn suffered from in Reynolds Chosen of Khorne audio-drama.

LotN
I really hope so as well! Laurie Gooulding is the only one who has written about Kharn during Skalathrax and that was a really short one (but still great). I'm glad they are finally fleshing out old background stories like this during the Scouring rather than boring 40k-novels only. The next thing on my wishlist would be Fulgrim vs. Guilliman.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/kharn-eater-of-worlds-ebook.html

Merry Christmas from Black Library. And a happy KILL MAIM BURN! to you all.

Kharn: Eater of Worlds said:
The Story

The Horus Heresy is over and the Traitor Legions have scattered, fleeing the wrath of a vengeful Imperium. The World Eaters are leaderless, their primarch missing and their greatest hero, Khârn, in a coma. The surviving World Eaters have turned upon themselves, the Butcher’s Nails driving them to ever greater acts of berserk savagery. Poised on the brink of destruction, the Legion needs a leader. It needs Khârn – but will his awakening save them, or doom them entirely?

Read it because

Kharn is one of the most iconic figures in the Warhammer 40,000 setting, the epitome of Khorne's mortal servants. In this story, you can witness his transition from the Captain of the World Eaters Eighth Company who stood against the Emperor during the Horus Heresy, to the Blood-mad betrayer that he becomes.
An origin series for Kharn, just like Ahriman. The only thing that could have been a better Christmas gift from BL, in my opinion, is the Black Legion Book II released early.

LotN

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/kharn-eater-of-worlds-ebook.html

Merry Christmas from Black Library. And a happy KILL MAIM BURN! to you all.

An origin series for Kharn, just like Ahriman. The only thing that could have been a better Christmas gift from BL, in my opinion, is the Black Legion Book II released early.

LotN
I talked with Reynolds and he expected the dead-tree-version would arrive sometime within Q1 of next year, I assume he meant the 1st quarter.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Finished Kharn. Its clearly playing up for at least one sequel. So it might very well be a trillogy alike the Ahriman series.
I surely welcome that if the novel is good. But with Reynolds trackrecord I would expect nothing less. :) I'm currently reading through Talon of Horus and I listened to Fabius Repairer of Ruin earlier on. Loving the fact that the they are finally fleshing out the Traitor Legions during the Legion Wars and the Scouring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts