15 Centigors
Full command
385pts.

SPECIAL:

5 Minotaurs
Additional hand weapons
295pts.

TOTAL: 2486pts.

Hello all, I know that all mounted armies dont do well, but seeing that Ghorros makes centigors core, I had to give it a try, what do you think?!

·
Registered
197 Posts
This list is a really good one, it can do a lot of destruction, just the doom bull alone could help you a ton in the Combat phase. You could easily beat almost any army you play with such a list as this. Keep up the good list writing :)

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the comments, I agree, I probably wont win to much, but thats all right, the look on their faces should be it! Centigors arent really to bad, with some luck, (and the chalice) I should be able to get to combat, and proceed to skewer some people :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Fantastic!

I've been working on a list similar to this. You seem to have hacked my files for my 'super nasty doombull!' build.

I'm really interested in how this will fare for you. I plan on doing the same. I have some Centigor conversions I'm working on. Converting is almost a must, as the models for ONE of your 15 man units will run you about 180 USD.

Are these centigors w/ Spears and shields? Why no GW's?
Their I is pretty lousy, so GW aren't hurting them much. maybe even just for a fun small unit.

good luck man!

Gore, fury and ruin

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for the save more than anything, and they still get 2 str 5 attacks on the charge, they could be sober and be I4, not too bad.

and yeah definitly converting them, just havent deicided what should be their lower half, Empire knights, chaos knights, or Cold ones.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Give the Doom Bull the Axes of Khorgor. The rerolls are key here.

I hate to advise this, but you need to drop one of your Centigor units, to bulk up the other. 29 with Ghorros, 20 with the other unit. You need at least one multi-rank unit and that would be the way to go.

Drop all three chariots. I know you want fast mobility, but even in a chariot, the Bray Shamans can't stand up to the enemy. What I suggest is you model a nice campsite, call it the fragment of the Herdstone, and just hang back tossing magic from there. As to your BSB - GoreBull. Keeps the mobility, hides him in the Minotaur unit! Gives them Two banners if you give the Minotaurs full command. Give him the banner that adds +1 movement to your unit, and voila! Cavalry Minotaurs.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm, I like the suggestion about the centigors, however for my mages to be effective they will need to stay close, I dont know if I want them alone, chariot is the only way to stay close. But I will see what I can do. As for the Minos, that is a good idea. I will re-work the Axes of Khorgor into my build.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming!

·
Registered
478 Posts
for the save more than anything, and they still get 2 str 5 attacks on the charge, they could be sober and be I4, not too bad.

and yeah definitly converting them, just havent deicided what should be their lower half, Empire knights, chaos knights, or Cold ones.
I need to update my blog with the converted Centigors. I've used some Chaos Steeds with Bestigors to form a great 'elite' unit of Centigors.

I heartily suggest Chaos Marauder horses. They're thick and powerful looking. I tried one on a glade guard horse and he looks sickly. The empire horses are too oddly barded to work. It looks like a Centigor in a 1800s hoop dress...sans the fancy frills. (though that would be a rad project)

relying on 'sober' is pretty dicey for an already risque group. However, it's still going to be tons of fun.

·
Registered
478 Posts
don't kill the shaman chariots!! It's what makes them so fun.
Yes, it's not the most competitive, but really, this list seems more about havoc and destruction than 'zomg win at anycost'....but tweaks are always good, as long as they don't sacrifice their spirit.

One item suggestion. Hunting spear. Spear +1 on charge + some shooting. (though BS 3.)

if you do drop a group of centigors to beef up the other, try to pick up some warhounds to add to the chaos.
My 'mobile list' has a horde of warhounds. It's absolutely obnoxious.

(plus painting the puppies is therapeutic)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Oh I'm sorry.
Horde.

I think my first draft list it was 36 or so puppies.
A great anchor for the army to revolve around.
will they win fights? most likely not
will they hold the enemy for 1 or MAYBE two rounds for you to smash into the flanks?

yep

·
Registered
21 Posts
This looks like a fun list to play with, but I usually don't run my beatmen like this (partially because centigors are insanely expensive) but the axes of Khorgor is a great idea, especially because it gives you 7 strength 6 rerollable hits, I usually give my bloodkine the "sword of swift slaying" (its only 25 points) because an always strikes first Minotaur is just hilarious especially when you are going up against weak, high initiative models like skaven. The look on their faces... Priceless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts