Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok guys just playing around with lists thought this would be very cool to field. I know there is no VV, but, the only squad thats supposed to DS is the SG with Dante. everything else is supposed to jump around cover and assault stuff! Im worried this list is severely lacking in anti-horde, but concentration of assualt squads on targets should wipe them out, hopefully. Attack bikes are for extra melta to open tanks before the assualt squads so they can assault them instead:) the thunder-hammer is there cuz i had 5 extra pts:). the idea was to have no vehicles in the list just A large amount of threats to deal with. I want to to let everyone know 2 things, #1, i dont really play assaulty lists and #2 this list is for me to decide waht my 2nd army is gonna be! Im deciding between BA, SW and IG

ok enough frigging talking heres the list!!!!!

HQ:
Dante
= 225
Total = 225

Elites
3 Sanguinary priests with jump-packs
= 225
Total = 375

Troops:
10 Assault marines with 2 melta-guns, thunder-hammer
= 230
10 Assault marines with 2 melta-guns, power-fist
= 225
= 225
= 225
= 225
Sanguinary guard with 1 power-fist, 2 infernus pistols
= 230

Total = 1360

Fast attack:
2 attack bikes with multi-meltas
= 100
= 100
= 100
Total = 300

Heavy Support:
5 Devastators with 4 missile launchers
= 130
= 130
= 130
Total = 390

If you have read all this and give me some good critiquing i might have to give you some +rep

Thanks for everyones time
Durian

EDIT: the devs are there to pop trannies(transports;P) and the sang priests are devided up and 2 assault squads hug the other ones with priests

·
Registered
720 Posts
I dont play BA but i do play BT so they are kinda the same

It looks pretty good. You might hurt some against hordes like you said, but you def have enough guys in there. Maybe switch out some of the meltas to flamers. It would help against hordes and with your bikes and devies you should be able to handle transports.

And have you considered auto/las preds instead of the devies? You would get the same shots but two of them would be las, and the other two would be twin-linked. And preds are harder to kill then devies and would be about the same points. But if you didnt want tanks, your devies will work fine.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not bad, i like it. to help with your hordes issue, i would turn some of those melta squads into flamer squads. it increases your versitility. then taking those points, plus dropping a dev squad (bc i think you have enough MLs to go around still) you can put a sang priest in every squad, eliminating your need to stay bunched up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It looks like a good list and would like to see a Battle report. The flamer suggestion from before is also spot on.

The only thing I don't like is that you say you are only going to deep strike Dante and the SG. That just seems like a total waste to me, because you are making that unit the fire magnet. That squad is going to be obliterated fast.

With deep strike, its a bit all or nothing. You don't want to leave your guys out there with no support. So either deep strike all your jumpers, or none.

Other than that, good list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts