Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Im returning to fantasy after 6th edition and was looking for a solid list, that looks nice and has some blasty magic. Please advise me on things ive looked over or anything like that

Slann /w
Battle Standard
Focus of Mastery
Focus of Rumination
Focus of Immune to normal stuff
Cupped Hands of the Gods

Skink Priest
Level 2
Diedem of Power (can this take dispel dice into the next aggressive magic phase?)
Engine of the Gods

24xSaurus - HW+S Standard and Musician
24xSaurus - HW+S Standard and Musician
12xSkink skirmishers
12xSkink skirmishers

26xTemple Guard - Standard, Musician and Sun Standard of Chotec
6xSaurus Cavalry - Standard and Musician

2xSalamanders

I was thinking a big block of Temple guard with the slann inside, Supported by the cavalry. the 2 big blocks will be shielded by the skinks with the engine. Salamanders wandering about eatting my own skinks.

It should look the part.

Is my lack of melee characters an issue?
Am i over reliant on magic?
are the units of 24 too big? would 18 stand me in better stead?
Are the cohorts with kroxigors any good?

If you think this list is inherently wrong could you post me a fixed one please im open to any comments.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Your Cold One block is too small. 6 aren't going to get you anything, if you're not willing to increase it, eliminate it and take some HTH characters. I'd also shift one Saurus block to spears.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Skink Priest
Level 2
Diedem of Power (can this take dispel dice into the next aggressive magic phase?) The Diedem allows you to take two of your poer dice and save them until you're opponents next magic turn (for use as dispell dice).
Engine of the Gods Bear in mind that in 8th edition, the EOTG is a huge target and if you are facing a gunline that includes cannons, you're priest will likely not last past the first round (cannon shots hit the stegadon and all models on it, no randomization). It still should be good to use, just do not rely to heavily on it.

2xSalamanders Take the extra snacks on these. Well worth the 5 points.

Is my lack of melee characters an issue?
Am i over reliant on magic?
are the units of 24 too big? No, they are good. You should look at ranging the units from 24-30 now. As for switching one unit to spears, I always take the spears. HW and Shields five you the armor save and a 6+ ward save. Spears do not (you get an additional number of attacks from the third row. Front row=12 attacks, Second row= 6 attacks, and third row=6. In 8th edition Saurus took a hit on that.

Are the cohorts with kroxigors any good?They are different. In 7th edition, their units could not turn. In 8th, they can turn. Also, your opponent cannot target the Kroxigors in combat while there are skinks in the unit. This means that a unit of 40 skinks with 3 krox can be a royal pain and a quite effective tar pit.
I would drop the Cold One cavalry as well. You need some type of war machine hunting units. Think Chameleons or Terradons (Terradons now get the stomp attack as well). They cannot drop rocks the same turn they charge though. Always make sure that they end their move facing anything that you want them to charge (no longer have 360 degrees of sight).

Please don't use red colouring for any reason- its reserved for moderators so that any comments, such as this one, are clearly visiable to everyone... you are welcome to use any other colour you wish (although we expect the majority of posts to be in plain colour and font unless necessary (like in the quote about). If you are unfamiliar with the forum rules please have a quick re-read of them here
- T/S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts