Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i've been invited to a tournament sometime later this year and i'm going to be throwing out quite a few lists and testing them out with firends so i can see what works and what doesn't.

HQ
Abbadon

Great Daemon

Troops
7 Plague Marines - 2 melta's
Rhino

5 Plague Marines - 2 Plasma's (mid range objective holders)
Rhino

5 CSM - Melta (Close range objective holder/suicide unit obv KP missions are an issue)
1 Champ
Rhino

7 CSM - Melta, IOCG (these guys support abbadon, i have no intention of getting them out of the landraider as they make the LR a huge objective holder)
1 Champ

Fast Attack

4 CSM Bikers - 2 Melta, IoN (an experimental unit, but T6 with a 4+ coversave for turbo boosting and +3 if i goto ground sounds quite nice, also another delivery system for the greater daemon)
1 Champ

Heavy Support

Land Raider - Possesion

3 Oblits

3 Oblits

2026/2500

Thats a list i threw together quite quickly, i deliberatly left room to boost squad sizes and add/change wargear or even add new units and left just under 500 points to spare for it all.

So by all means rip it apart and i'll hopefully get some play testing in next week :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
a few things i could think of is to ditch the Great deamon and get a DP with Wings, MOS and Lash, then put Abbadon into a smallish unit of Termies (obveiously using lash to make sure Abbadon+ termies can charge them) and use these guys in the LR

changing your nilla marines with either TS's PM's or NM's (i love KB's but you wouldnt really need them) and beefing the numbers would be the last thing i would do :3

then again... dont take my word for it because i dont currently play chaos (though i want to o.o)

·
Registered
941 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how that works, typicaly I'd have abbadon go with termies. Other than that fine, you could switch the Greater Daemon for a DP, but I'd say that that's optional!:biggrin:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Again if you are gonna use abadon use with termies.
most squads looking a bit thin on numbers.
i would take out the suicide csm squad and change to a a termicide squad, i know kp an issue but much more of a chance to take out a heavy vehicle especially if guided with icons.
your possessed LR looks 10 points heavy! if you change abadon to termi squad can take a dedicated LR and free up heavy slot for more oblits! or defiler!
the bikers are mega expensive for what they are likely to acheive but i like the idea!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the problem i have with putting termies with abbadon is they remove his fearless if even 1 is alive, having a 275pt model run away isn't exactly ideal. Also having a basic csm squad in there it makes a huge obj holder, if you place objectives properly a LR can claim 2 objectives :)

I suppose i could get a termicide and give them a dedicated LR then add in another 3 oblits and beefing up some units would be an improvement, i'll have a fiddle and see what can be done.

Oh and a chaos LR with possesion is 240pts i double checked witht he codex and it's right.

Edit: forgot to mention about the bikers, ye they are expensive but i feel chaos really lack a highly mobile melta platform, marines have landspeeder and attack bikes, i was trying to come up with a threating solution that could perform multiple roles, the champ lets me deploy the greaer daemon, the meltas are a threat to armour and T6 means they could hold up a heavy weapons squad for a while if needed in CC. I was even contemplating putting a sorc in there on a bike too.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
TAKE KHARN THE BETRAYER :DD or die! :threaten:

Or something else Khornacious :D YUMMY.

Leave the LR as it is, looking pretty scandalous.

ooo, or you could take a Khorne Lord with Jumppack, and a squad of 7 raptors, that would be fun :D:laugh:

Deep striking them would be giggles, and not to mention absolute KHORNAGE. AHAH. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::sarcastichand::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::laugh::aggressive::aggressive::aggressive::aggressive::aggressive::giggle::giggle::giggle:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts