5x Noise Marine-Blastmaster 140
5x Noise Marine-Blastmaster 140
5x Plague Marine-2xPlasma Gun
/ Rhino-Daemonic Possession & Dozer Blade & Combi-Plasma 215

Defiler-Close Combat Arm & Reaper Auto Cannon 150
Defiler-Close Combat Arm & Reaper Auto Cannon 150
3xObliterator Cult 225

Exactly 2500

The terminators will not be in the land raider. Both will be supplying longe range support. Blastmasters will camp objective and perform longe range volleys. The rest should be obvious. Let me know what you people think about the army. Any changes in the list or how you would work the strategy.
Yes the list lacks powerfists except for those on the oblits. I rarely use powerfists and the lack of them never really seems to matter. I tend to take them on berzerkers and sometimes on nugle if im doing them as my maine troops.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My advice would be to take Bolt of Change off your DPs and give them Warptime and Wind of Chaos instead.

If I were you, I'd mix those 4 5-man Noise Marine Squads into 2 10-man units. Also, I'd give the Plague Marines Meltaguns, rather than plasma (It's cheaper and generally more effective). And is it really necessary to have Daemonic Possession on the LR? Sure, it's a little more defense, but the LR is generally very durable, not to mention it's got some nice firearms that I wouldn't want having BS 3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I do much better with the 4 5man squads then with 2 10man squads. It lets me use the special weapons more effectively and gives me both better table and objective cover. I was thinking about taking the possession off of the land raider. Its there just to make sure that the raider can shoot every turn. As for the bolts on the princes, I like them as they let me pop more vehicels at range. The plasma on the deathguard is to serve as anti-monsterous creature and anti-terminator shots. Also they can light pop vehicles. If I take the possession off of the raider I will probably use the points to purchase combi-plasma on 2 more of the rhinos.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would just take 3 meltas in the squad but keep the flamers. always need them for those pesky horde armies

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use to run the chosen at 3 meltas and have been wanting to test out the 2 melta and one plasma build. I think the change might just give me a power nudge when dealing with most units.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
if you're comfortable with this list, then run it.

the small squad sizes are a serious detriment.

you have some transports, but if facing 2500 you can bet your opponent can crack all your armor with relative ease and/or drop enough pie plates to kill your non mechanized units.

IMO the biggest drawback is taking a LR for only 3 termies. it's only 3 of them, a rapid firing Marine squad with a melta gun can take it out.

i'd so serious reorganizing, but then again, we have no idea what the opposition in you area is like, so this list may perform amazingly well.

good hunting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bring the Daemonic possession down to extra armour on the rhinos without pintle weapons. If you would like add a sonic blaster to those NM with the doom sirens to give you something else to shoot out of your rhinos. Another common suggestion would be to use two CC arms on your Defilers rather then the RAC.

PS Using a Land Raider as long range support doesn't exactly earn you the favor of the chaos gods where I come from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill be keeping the possession on the rhinos. I like to be able to move and shoot without having to disembark. I would like to take something other then the landraider but that would mean fast attacks. While the chaos fast attack can be effective, they are not steller and I would like something that can fire long range.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The vehicle ignores Shaken and Stunned results altogether (though transported passengers are affected normally), but its BS is reduced to 3.
If the rhino doesn't have a gun of its own then Daemonic Possession is just a more expensive version of Extra Armor.

The way I remember it (though this is highly shortened) is that

EA == Always moves

DP == Always Shoots

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Rhino always has the twin-linked bolter, so it isn't a complete sitting duck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh man that sucks. Somehow I missed the part about passengers for the possession. I need todo some work on my list now. Doesnt seem worth the points on the rhinos anymore. Thanks for pointing that part out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts