Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tryin out something completely different from my usual zerk/plague marine setup. Lemme know what you think or would change

Daemon Prince w/ MoN, wings, WT [175]
Daemon Prince w/ MoN, wings, WT [175]

10 x CSM w/ 2x Melta, IoCG, Rhino w/ Daemonic Poss. [235]

8 x Raptors w/ IoK, 2x Flamers, Champ w/ Pair of LC [240]

2 x Oblits [150]
2 x Oblits [150]
2 x Oblits [150]

Total: 2460

·
Registered
941 Posts
Wow, just wow! great list! only 1 change!:p On the DPs give them each MoS and Lash! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i went with the lash princes, and used the extra points to get some champs with meltabombs (just spendin the extra points).

AND THIS LIST SLAUGHTERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by turn 2 i had half of my friends army destroyed and he was playin mech/infantry spam IG so that's sayin a bit.

If you wanna win a game for sure, use this list guys :D just sayin

·
Registered
941 Posts
Good for you! keep on gaming, and even better, keep on winning!:p

·
Registered
34 Posts
If it works as effectively as you said it did then it comes as a shocker to me. The list does really seem to be unusual, anyway. I want to ask this, what did your DPs do when they had Lash? In the game, honestly?... You gave them both lash and they got the enemy some times, and some times they failed. When they succeeded they rolled two ones on the roll to see how many inchs the unit moves. Two inchs. I really, really dislike Lash Princes and I think the Nurgle princes with warptime are much more reliable to be honest, they last a lot longer and are just fierce in CC. Moving units off objectives and pulling the enemy unit this way and that doesn't really help your case that much, I would have though differently of Lash if you were allowed to move the troops off the board. Which I don't think you are. You say you wiped out half of your friends army by turn two, if this is true what did the Lashs do in one turn, nothing. In my opinion the list would have slaughtered more, and would have just been more hardcore had you given the DPs MoN and warptime.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha. Don't get me wrong, I love nurgle princes too (see original list). But the lash princes are what helped me beat him. It's a lot easier to kill a 30 man infantry platoon when you can bunch them all up in front of dual flamers, then charge them with the raptors. I wiped entire squads in a single turn with that strategy.

Also for some reason raptors have gotten a bad rep. I used to agree with that until I actually started playing with them. They've kicked ass EVERY single time i've used them. And the khornate, close combat kit i've got up there really works well. It just puts so many wounds down that nobody can stay alive.

Also here's how the princes worked in turn 1. I deployed them the full 12'' forward. They flew another 12'' forward. They used lash (both successfully and rolled a 7 and a 6 or somethin) and pulled two of his infantry platoons out of cover 7 and 6 inches towards me and clumped them together. Now my raptors are also flying 12'' forward. So now my raptors are only about 12'' from his infantry platoons. He didn't move his platoons back because he wanted to fire (even if he did i would have just lashed them back where they were). So turn 2 my raptors jump forward land about an inch from the platoons and torch the shit out of them, then charge in and finish them off

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now consider this you've moved 12" out then another 12". You roll to pass the test and fail, you are now open in the battle field and have done nothing but exposed yourself. You move everything else up, but you're princes are sitting ducks. You're opponent has a wide variety of weapons at his disposal so he focuses it on your princes. A turn of shooting with half of his army, and their both dead. The rest of his army moves up, you've lost two princes on the first turn.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's pretty unlikely that both your princes would get taken down first turn. Assuming you don't play like a retard and move all of your units into the open you'll be fine. For example, i had my prince standing halfway behind one of my rhinos. That way he had a cover save for being 50% obscured but still had the enemy in line of sight. I never just move into the open unless I'm going to be charging that turn. Ya gotta play smart to survive

But you're right sometimes the princes get killed. It happens to every unit, but you have to plan for that. If a tank kills one of my princes then i've got up to 14 melta guns to come wreck it. If an infantry platoon shoots down my princes then i've got three squads of dual flamer wielding raptors to come take em out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn't really intend to start an arguement of any sort, so i'm sorry about that. Just to clear this though you would be suprised how many players just go into the game with no plan what so ever. I've seen it happen and an IG army should really have enough fire power to kill both princes. I'm suprised your opponent wasn't mechanised. You really can't leave IG infantry out in the open, they are very easy to kill. You should tell you friend to get mechanised just to be nice.

Good points about having a plan, but in general many people don't.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If it works as effectively as you said it did then it comes as a shocker to me. The list does really seem to be unusual, anyway. I want to ask this, what did your DPs do when they had Lash? In the game, honestly?... You gave them both lash and they got the enemy some times, and some times they failed. When they succeeded they rolled two ones on the roll to see how many inchs the unit moves. Two inchs. I really, really dislike Lash Princes and I think the Nurgle princes with warptime are much more reliable to be honest, they last a lot longer and are just fierce in CC. Moving units off objectives and pulling the enemy unit this way and that doesn't really help your case that much, I would have though differently of Lash if you were allowed to move the troops off the board. Which I don't think you are. You say you wiped out half of your friends army by turn two, if this is true what did the Lashs do in one turn, nothing. In my opinion the list would have slaughtered more, and would have just been more hardcore had you given the DPs MoN and warptime.
Now see... I think your just predjudice against the awsome power of Lash! :biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
151 Posts
As b.anthracis said give EA to the rhinos onstead of DP, youll' spare some pts

mabye try IoS on raptors, with I5 you'll stryke first pretty much against every kind of infantry.

Anyway is great to see something different than zerks/plague lists, good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts