Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its been a long, long time since I played fantasy. The last time was probably around 6 years ago, when I foolishly decided to try and collect an empire army, having become frustrated at my choas army's lack of shooting phase.

Anyway, I'm currently building an Orcs and Goblins army to around 2500pts, and would be interested to see what any of you think of it.

Lords:
Black Orc Warboss
Heavy armour, shield, battleaxe of the last Waagh!

Heroes:
Black Orc Big Boss (army standard bearer)
Heavy armour, Nogg's banner of butchery

Lv 2 Orc Shaman
Nibbla's itty ring, dispel scroll

Lv 2 Goblin Shaman
Staff of sneaky stealin

Core:
25 Orc Boyz w/ additional choppa's
full command

25 Orc Big Unz w/ spears & shields
full command
Mork's spirit totem

5 spider riders w/ bows
musician

5 spider riders w/ bows
musician

Special:
2 Goblin Spear chukkas

20 Black Orcs w/ shields
full command
Gorks Waagh! banner

10 Savage Orc Boar Boyz w/ spears & shields
full command
War banner

Boar Chariot

Rare:
Giant

3 Stone Trolls

I'm quite happy to swap any of the magic banners around, but I def want to keep all of them somewhere within the army.

Taking the list to 3000pts I'd include another unti of 25 boyz with choppa and shield, and upgrade the orc shaman to level 4, proabably with the nobbly staff and the horn of urgok.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I'd swap the Waaagh! Banner on the Black Orcs with the War Banner on the Boar Boyz. Better for the Boars to have an outrageously long-range charge than the Black Orcs-- you want them to be the center of your battle line with the boyz, after all.

Alternatively, you could give the Black Orcs the Banner of Butchery and give the BSB Mork's Spirit Totem, since he really ought to be leading a unit anyway and not running around by himself.

I'd drop the spears from the Big 'Uns. They're sort of useless, really-- choppas are infinitely better and imo, much more Orky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, good point, i think the Black orcs would be better with the war banner, and the savage orcs with the Waagh! banner.

I really dont want to give the BSB the spirit totem, incase he gets singled out and killed in a challenge. With the banner of butchery, he only really as to survive the first round of combat to be useful. (btw the BSB will be with the big uns)

Re: The banner of butchery and big uns armed wit spears; I was planning on saving the banner till the second round of combat, so that I can use both front ranks, and with a potential frontage of 6, thats 12 extra WS4 S4 attacks. Although I expressed this plan in a local GW, and one of the guys seemed to believe that the second rank only ever get one attack...

cheers for the feedback!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
that is so gash. you must be a bibbling moron.
Any particular reason for that comment, at the mo i'm assuming some sort of typo and it means the gw staff member is the bibbling moron and its not actually a totally unprovoked attack on a fellow forum member?

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
it was an unprovoked attack on a fellow forum member, sorry, should have explained that archon and i are old friends, and he knows how stupid i think he is...

i should, i suppose, provide some kind of constructive comment...

i reckon you havent got enough troops in that if i'm honest. i know you hate goblins, but i'd beef up the boyz units so you dont lose ranks before the charge.

take out the trolls? you never showed any affection towards my mass 'all troll' army anyway...

i'm also surprised at the inclusion of the spider riders (are they cheaper than wolf riders?) and lack of big waaagh magic. and only 2 spear chukkas...

i reckon you could be massively outshot by most empire armies. but then i guess thats what the spiders are for...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Torealis, you just got served!

I've been worrying about the lack of troops myself... could drop the big uns down to regular boyz and take another unit of 25 orcs?

Spider riders are better models than wolves, and fit in better with the overall theme I'm going for. I know its 4" less move on the march, but then they dont have to circumnavigate any terrain, cause they ignore it!

On the shooty front, could out the boar chariot for 2 more spear chukkas... Theres no point trying to play the shooty game with O&G though IMHO, you're never gonna beat empire, dwarves or wood elves at their own game, so whats the point trying? Better to present them with so many scary T4 models that they cant possibly kill them all...

Also, big/little waagh! works a little differently now; orcs use big, and gobbos small, so I've actually got both in there already...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts