[140]

Ld10 Hood w/ a 3+ Invuln. Great model!

Elites:
(5) Assault Terminators [Librarian]
Thunder Hammers, Storm Shields
Land Raider Crusader
Multimelta, Extra Armor
[475]

I know, a single Land Raider is a bad idea at 2500. Still, it might do all right if I Rhino wall it properly.

Troops:
(10) Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Combi-Flamer, Power Fist
Rhino
[245]

(10) Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Combi-Flamer, Power Fist
Rhino
[245]

Objective taking units.

(10) Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Lascannon, Combi-Flamer, Power Fist
Razorback
TL Plasma Gun, Lascannon
[295]

(10) Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Lascannon, Combi-Flamer, Power Fist
Razorback
TL Plasma Gun, Lascannon
[295]

These two units will form Combat Squads, half sitting in the Razorback (Melta, Fist) and the other half sitting in cover (Lascannon). This gives me more scoring units and flexibility.

(10) Scout Squad
4x Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Missile Launcher
[185]

Combat Squads into the Storm and into cover. The BP/CCW and Fist head into the Storm, while the ML sits in terrain on an objective and lobs off missiles.

Fast Attack:
Land Speeder Tornado
Multimelta, Heavy Flamer
[70]

Land Speeder Tornado
Multimelta, Heavy Flamer
[70]

Blast infantry or vehicles - versatile.

Land Speeder Storm
Multimelta
[65]

For the Scouts. Love the model.

Heavy:
Vindicator
Siege Shield, Extra Armor
[140]

Vindicator
Siege Shield, Extra Armor
[140]

Brutal monsters. Love them!

Predator
Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons
[120]

Can-opener at range.

[2495]

Really just a taste of everything I like from the Codex. Was thinking of Mortifactors or Ultramarines or something. Not sure. Really want to get a Marine army together to give me a combined Marines / Guard Apocalypse force.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
163 Posts
List looks pretty solid. Only thing I would worry about is the lone Land Raider getting singled out, but you seem to have a lot of threats to shoot at. Maybe take out the Vindicator and add another Predator for some more long range fire support. The LC's in your tac squads could be ML for more versatility, but that would take away from your ability to hit AV14. Really just preference there. Anyways, overall I like the list. Looks solid. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i'd consider dropping the single Pred for another Vindie. you can try to finagle points by removing the MM from the LS Storm to a HF; LS Storms shoot OK, and IMO it's be better to give the Scout. Sgt. a combi-melta; he shoots better.

lastly, yeah, you're right about the LR, but with a termie Libby, i can't help but think the whole unit would be better without the LR, give the Libby Null Zone/Gate, make him an Epistolary, and add 5 more termies.

if i'm doing the math right, that should leave you with 30 pts. left over, making easier to get that third Vindie....

...good list nonetheless (you're lists are typically and consistantly soid) and I gotta admit i appreciate this list is a pure vanilla SM army. rare thing any more.

good hunting.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, actually, that whole Gate thing might be better. Sadly, I am not sure I will do it. The idea of the Land Raider as the focal point for the army seems fluffy and this list was meant to be on the fluff side more than competitive. Hence the Predator over another Vindicator. I might try that stuff out, though, especially the Gate option because that would really be unsettling to have 11 Terminators drop on your face!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...good list nonetheless (you're lists are typically and consistantly soid) and I gotta admit i appreciate this list is a pure vanilla SM army. rare thing any more.

good hunting.
Thanks on that, too. I try to do up solid lists. Also, I agree 100%. Vanilla is just not done anymore and with characters like Vulkan, I can see why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts