Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a very quick list I wanted to get some advice on.

Imperial knights

Baronial court:
Cerestus knight: castigator x2
Paladin: mark of omnissiah, storms pearl
Errant

Grey knights
HQ
Librarian: storm bolter

Troops
4 units of Termies: 1 hammer, 1 psycannon, 4 halberds

It's small but the idea is to have only the imperial knights on board at start all within 6" to get +1 invuln then deep strike all the Termies first turn using nemesis formation and just trying to destroy as much as possible first turn and then go for objectives.

Any advice would be awesome!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
So I'm finding a few issues with this list.

1. What is 'storm's pearl'?
2. Assuming that it's one of the relics, and it's lost in translation, a knight is only allowed a single relic. In a Baronial court, that would make the paladin your Warlord, since he's the only one who can take relics, but he also has the Mark.
3. The Castigator's are kind of meh, in my opinion. The bolt cannon's probably not needed anymore compared to the Avenger cannon on either the Warden or the Crusader; and you don't really want these guys running flank speed and getting too far away from the Paladin, since he gives the bonuses to overwatch and the ion shields.
4. I'd try to find some points for an Aegis w/ Comms relay, and an Inquisitor with some servo skulls. It's slightly over 100 points total, but it will give you control over your first turn deployment that you're asking for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that's supposed to be stormspear, the missile pod haha. Do you think that 12 s 6 with rending shots is better than 8 s 7 twinlinked? Also the castigator is better in CQC due to his swords attacks, he will be less likely to get stuck in tar pit units. I see the use of the inquisitor and fortification but with the nemesis formation all of the termies will be coming in turn 1 on a 3+ anyway and I'm not sure the inquisitor would be worth losing another unit of termies. Every game I've watched that brings servo skulls they end up dying before they can be useful. What other uses does that inquisitor have? I'm just trying to not lose the number of termies ya know?
I'll definitely look into the inquisitor though.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
No, that's the entire purpose he has. However, if you're depending on those terminators to come down turn 1, it might be worth the insurance of having the model in play. And the servo skulls can also work on scatter for your blast markers on the knights.

As for the Castigator, well... doing some VERY basic mathhammer...

12 shots, 8 hit. Not sure what toughness you're opening fire on, but assume with strength 6 you're wounding with 6 of em. And at least one of those is Rending.

8 shots, 6 hit. S7, we'll say you wound with 5 of them (because you'll roll a 1).

The sword is really good, but knights are already stomping, and if you're close to the warlord (remember what I said about not outrunning them with the Castigators?)... you can overwatch with that avenger bolt cannon... AND wall of death with its flamer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I came up with a different list that might work better, still doesn't have the inquisitor because I don't have the codex for them but it's:

Baronial court:
Paladin, errant, warden

GK nemesis strike force:

Librarian: storm bolter

4x unit of 5 termies: 1 hammer, 1 psycannon, 4 halberd each

2x dreadknights: teleporters, psycannons, incinerators, sword

I think the dreadknights will be more effective than another knights and are more mobile and help with numbers, same idea with the rest of the army though, what do you think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts