- jump packs(all)

Vanguard Assault Squad- 315pts
-5 power weapons
-3 plasma pistol
-2 handflamer
- jump packs(all)
- meltabombs(all)

Total: 2485pts

So there it is. Yes I probably have too many point heavy units and not enough models but I rather like it. Biggest questions are do I have enough sanguinary priests(was thinking one each for ras then one for the two vas to share)? Also any suggestions on the extra 15pts? Not sure on what to fill in there. Thanks. Also probably going to be running agaisnt ork or ig and possibly so nilla sm with a small chance of anything else if I decide to go to the flgs for a game or tourney.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think (even though you stated it) you have too many points in single units. Especially your vanguard squads, i think 4 fists is BAD. If you get assaultd by 30 boys, with a PK, you'll b gone before you even get too attack back. I would have 1 vanguard squad, chisled down, and i would look into Baal's with flamers and more flamers. Landspeeders that deep strike for armour? i think so in 2.5K army

Depending on what kind of IG army your facing, you could do really well or BAD. I mean, if he/she has lots of templates at +48" range you'll be in trouble unless you droppod almost everything, if he plants even 1 template on a squad (lets hope ot isnt your almost 400 pt Vanguard squad) there goes a chunk of your army. Ive never seen an army like this work, maybe you have, i dont know if that shaped your decision. To me it needs a reshuffle

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm guessing you want to run a all jump pack army? unfortunately (especially against guard and orks) at this point level i just dont see this list doing all that well. The IG will obliterate you long before you get there and a good ork player should have an upwards of 175-200 models on the table.

Some things I can pick out that i would change are:
Drop one of those HQs. They are eating 500+ pts of your army already. 1 is fine at this point level, but not both. If your dead set on using the death company, i would take a chappy with a jump pack or however your going to get them around. The sang guard needs some sort or hard hitter, be it a PF or MBs. The death company is really expensive, it would almost be worth while to get them a storm raven for that will give you control of the squad. The vanguard unit with all PFs and a TH i dont see getting their points back. Maybe downgrade some of them to PWs. The troops will need flamers, possible a couple meltas aswell. Thats just some things i saw, but one of your biggest probelsm will be, that even if you deepstrike or whatever, you have no long range support at all. you wont make it to the IG and you just virtually dont have enough attacks to take on orks.

summary:
I would suggest dropping one vanguard unit and one of your HQs for acouple vindies and/or ranged dreads
2. maybe drop the packs off the DC for a storm raven
3. get some ranged special weapons in the assault squads.
4. and im not sure where that would put you with points, but another assault squad wouldn't hurt either
5. oh and possibly a PF in the sang guard

Hope that helps a bit. I know your probably trying to have a all jump pack army. And i can think of a few ways it MIGHT be viable. but at this point range, your might have to give alittle. If i come up with a all jump pack list, ill post in on here for you, but for now, its time for work.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to clarify as there seems to be confusion, this entire army is jumppack and the entire army deepstrikes, so I'm not really looking for tanks even though yeah they probably do stuff better. The new blood angels dex allows jp troops to ds and scatter only 1d6 and reroll. So I don't really plan on getting shot up long range and those ig templates scatter so at close range there is good chance the shoot their own stuff. As for the fist squad that's a tank/mc hunter the ras/dc/pw vas are the horde killers. And the fists are all 3++ and 4+++ so pretty survivable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts