Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, just a quick list that I want to mess about with in a little tournement with friends. Haven't played Warhammer for some time now, and would like a bit of help ironing out any creases/glaring rule breaches that I haven't noticed.

Here we go:

Teclis
= 450

Caradryan
= 170

30 Spearmen
- Full command
= 300

30 Spearmen
- Full command
= 300

8 Silver Helms
- Full command
= 198

33 Phoenix Guard
- Full command
- Banner of the World Dragon
= 575

Frostheart Phoenix
= 240

Frostheart Phoenix
= 240

Total = 2473

Quite simple - Sit back in the 3-part bunker, in a refused flank setup, and blast away with Teclis. Silver Helms are there to dissuade/hold up anything trying to flank around/act as a bottle neck. Phoenixes go after war machines and go for flank/rear charges.

Thanks in advance.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Well, your entire strategy rests on one model - if someone has a lv4 wizard of their own, they have a pretty good chance of shutting you down completely. Personally, I would take some archers just add to the ranged firepower. I would also advise throwing in some eagles, as in a defensive list they are fantastic for redirecting and keeping dangerous units away from your wizard.

For my army (WE), I would just focus fire on your smaller units and leave the wizard alone - my own level four with either a dispel scroll or WoWE could effectively shut down your magic phase, barring some amazing rolls.Unless you played aggressively you would have a hard time dealing damage to me, and if you did play aggressively you would have a hard time catching me :victory: Still, it's not a bad list, it just focuses too much on one thing...

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On that basis, do you think swapping out Caradryan for a Level 2 Mage, dropping a Phoenix for a couple of eagles and the remaining points (plus a handful of PG) to get a bolt thrower or some archers would be a good bet?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I think that could definitely work, yeah. Just a heads up though, I don't play with or against HE much so don't know them super well, but I do love me some eagles. Those changes work pretty well, though I do think that at least 4 MLs total would be good - either a lv4 archmage or 2 lv2 mages. I know this seems similar to the other guy, but he's more than twice as much as either of these options - basically, although I don't like the one trick army you had, I also think that HE offensive magic is too good to under use,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts