Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
---Emperor's Champion: Accept Any Challenge, no matter the odds

Squad #1
---Chaplain, MoS: Terminator Armor, BP, FG, Cenobyte Servitor(x3)
---Initiate (x10) PF, MG
---Neophyte (x10)
TOTAL: 452

Squad #1
---Initiate (x10): PF, MG
---Neophyte (x10)

Squad #3
---Initiate (x10): PF, MG, CS, FG
---Neophyte (x10)
TOTAL: 428

Squad #4
---Neophyte (x10)
TOTAL: 288

Squad #5
---Initiate (x10) PF, MG, CS, FG
TOTAL: 188

Support #1
---Venerable Dreadnaught: THS, TL:LC, Extra Armor
TOTAL: 160

Support #2
---Dreadnaught: L:LC, Extra Armor
TOTAL: 130

Heavy Support #1
---Vindicator: Extra Armor, SL
TOTAL: 133

Heavy Support #3
---Predator Destructor SP:LC, Extra Armor, SL: 133

Heavy Support #3

This is basically me taking my black tide footslogging army and adding in fire support for higher point game so I can still put up at least some of the mech heavy lists. I have heard a lot of things about vindicators being unreliable due to scattering but I have been using one and found it a great use of points. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Emperor's Champion: Accept Any Challenge, no matter the odds

Squad #1
---Initiate (x10) PF, MG
---Neophyte (x10)

Chaplains are not as good in 5th ed with AAC giving the re-rolls to hit to every BT in the list, in a foot slogging list like this alot of your Neophytes are going to die to a good player. What I would do is grab a Marshal with LC and let him run around with the squad. Pro's for keeping the Chaplain are re-rolls for Neophytes, and moving the squad where ever you want, but still chances are if your not going for the nearest enemy a Chaplain isn't going to mean squat against 3 squads rapid firing against you for 2 turns.

Squad #1
---Initiate (x10): PF, MG
---Neophyte (x10)

Nothing here I Like this I usually run 1 Marshal and 1 Chaplain. I like this load out on him too!

Squad #3
---Neophyte (x10)
TOTAL: 428

I hope that the CS in your equipment doesn't mean Combat Squad as Templars and Dark Angels are the only 2 SM Chapters that can't do that. As for your load out your dead on, and looking good!

Squad #4
---Neophyte (x10)
TOTAL: 288

Squad #5
---Initiate (x10) PF, MG, CS, FG
TOTAL: 188

Ditto for Above.

Support #1
---Venerable Dreadnaught: THS, TL:LC, Extra Armor
TOTAL: 160

Support #2
---Dreadnaught: L:LC, Extra Armor
TOTAL: 130

Don't rule out Terminators in a large game, I have had great success running a land raider full of Termies and charging head on into the enemy and they tend to leave my footsloggers alone figuring that they can deal with them after they blow up the LR. The fact of the matter is that there is little they can do once I've moved 12-18" because then my zeal takes over and I'm in their face sooner!
Heavy Support #1
---Vindicator: Extra Armor, SL

Heavy Support #3

Heavy Support #3

Nice HS choices, How will you be running the Vindicator? With it's 24" range it can't stay still and kill the Unclean, and with out back up it's just a 133 point target for the enemy. Without POMS it can wind up being a waste of points. If they stun it it can do nothing for a turn, and shaking it makes that S10 shot not happen. You need something to help it get into range.

As for the Predators NICE! I have always had a soft spot for LC Preds. Sit them and pot shot enemy tanks.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dieing it would seem to be what Neophytes are good at when crossing open areas. The redundancy of AAC and LoH is pretty useless at a whole for the army but the rerolls for Neophytes and Unmatched Zeal bonus is nice to have even if for the few turns that the neophytes are not blow to bits.

I will have to do a few games with the 1 and 1 build I can definitely see the advantage of having a Marshal they do look like they can do some damage. The CS is for Crusader Seal I like having the ability to reroll the RZ movement distance if I get a result of a one or two.

The primary reason for the dreadnaughts is the fact that the area I play in almost everyone plays mech so I wanted some extra stopping power. I would agree that unless I can find a way to move to a place on the field to get a cover save at least and have range all the vindicator will be is 133 point target to draw fire.

Thanks for the advice really appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts