Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Someone at my local GW said that he worked out that assault cannons are better anti armour than anything else due to their high RoF and rending. Don't know if that true but might be helpful to know with your tornadoes.

edit: yeah, unless i'm doing something wrong: Against armour 13 the chances of wounding with a multimelta is 2/6 = 1/3 (need a 5 or 6); however assault cannon you need 6's but have 4 shots 4 x 1/6 = 2/3.
yeah, heard the same thing too, but i still think the MM would work better against armor due to getting 2d6 for the pen.

what you're saying is correct, but much sweeter on Razorbacks as you have rerolls (twin linked) and have a much better chance to rend.

good list, BTW.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I run a Biker List - and people are scared shitless by my Hit and Run Command Squad with about 25 S5/9 Attacks every turn - but it's the Vindicators people ignore. I couldn't give a shit if my 600pts of CSquad bite the dust, as long the Vindicators and attack bikes do their job. If some clever sod goes for the Bikes/Vindicators, then the Command Squad left unmolested is a terror in their lines.
as a fellow biker enthusiast, can i ask what your set up is?

sorry to hijack the threa OldHat, but for the record, what Vaz mentioned for advice is solid. any one taking a Podnought understands that it's more than likely a sacrificial pain in the ass unit. it's just a matter of how long it can keep being a pain in the bum.

PFs are a must! tact squads being held up by a Wraithlord is a detriment.

and lastly, didn't think about going half combi-melta/flamer on the Sternies; that's what i would do TBH, and you could do wonders with that when you combat squad.

good list, and good advice by Vaz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts