[140]

Vindicator
Siege Shield, Extra Armor
[140]

Vindicator
Siege Shield, Extra Armor
[140]

[2500]

Saw some stuff that made me really want to do a Space Marine army. Here is what I was thinking. This would give me enough stuff to easily run any point value 2500 and under, which suits me. Anyhow, thoughts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Someone at my local GW said that he worked out that assault cannons are better anti armour than anything else due to their high RoF and rending. Don't know if that true but might be helpful to know with your tornadoes.

edit: yeah, unless i'm doing something wrong: Against armour 13 the chances of wounding with a multimelta is 2/6 = 1/3 (need a 5 or 6); however assault cannon you need 6's but have 4 shots 4 x 1/6 = 2/3.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Someone at my local GW said that he worked out that assault cannons are better anti armour than anything else due to their high RoF and rending. Don't know if that true but might be helpful to know with your tornadoes.

edit: yeah, unless i'm doing something wrong: Against armour 13 the chances of wounding with a multimelta is 2/6 = 1/3 (need a 5 or 6); however assault cannon you need 6's but have 4 shots 4 x 1/6 = 2/3.
yeah, heard the same thing too, but i still think the MM would work better against armor due to getting 2d6 for the pen.

what you're saying is correct, but much sweeter on Razorbacks as you have rerolls (twin linked) and have a much better chance to rend.

good list, BTW.

·
Registered
105 Posts
3 squads of 1 land speeder is basically screaming shoot my Armour 10 all around kill point I say put them in one squad.the vindicators are good as long as your smart with them.but they are pretty much die in most cases on a 3-6 because having one weapon is a drag.but otherwise good list you should do fine

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At 20 or 22 KP, depending, the army is about average on KP. I prefer the flexibility of lone Speeders than a squadron. The latter means that they will die a lot easier, due to Immobilize bumping to Wreck.

I am glad you guys like it, the folks at Dakka didn't seem to care for it. Go figure. I think it seems pretty solid, myself.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I personally don't think the drop pods work well with your vindicators. I'd actually try this list(hopefully your not in a tornament or else this is the worst advice). But my fear is all that vindicator bombing.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured I would drop in, pop tanks, then toss down blasts on the guys inside or use those blasts to bust tanks my guys miss. I can see you concern, though. I might rethink the Vindicators or the Pods.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
3 squads of 1 land speeder is basically screaming shoot my Armour 10 all around kill point I say put them in one squad.the vindicators are good as long as your smart with them.but they are pretty much die in most cases on a 3-6 because having one weapon is a drag.but otherwise good list you should do fine
Better than them targetting the Vindicators, Ironclad or troops. If a single infantry unit targets that, hoping that it's one AT weapon and several S4 shots will be enough to immobilise or destroy it's weaponry, then it's done it's job, ensuring an additional turn of shooting/assault, continued survival.

The Vindicator has a Storm Bolter. Don't forget that.

To the list - Trip vindi's is awesome. Love it. There's no need for the Extra Armour or Siege Shield. You have Smoke Shields which works fine, and the Dozer Blade is good enough. The Siege Shield is just expensive overkill. Either stick with nude, or the Dozer.

A Razorback with a TLLC for your Tactical Squads will give your Vindicators a bit of leeway for targetting other more vulnerable troops.

Personally, I'd also swap the 5 of the Combi Meltas for Combi Flamers. It allows you to Combat Squad into Anti-Tank and Anti Infantry roles, or just be capable of dealing with whatever is the best at the current options.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Also, I've just found your list, to search for the criticisms raised over at DickDick forums.

I'm not keen on those Drop Pods tbh and single Dreadnought. The Ironclad will come in and hopefully bust something with it's meltagun, if not it's melta fodder as it cannot assault - armour 13 doesn't stop melta :(
Moron. Talk about stating the obvious. Smoke Launchers do though, and of course, is it worth risking a meltagun shot (not many people keep a squad of multiple melta's within their own table quarters to counter a lone dreadnought - and if they do, then more fool them).

Sternguard could fire at transport occupants if the Ironclad does the deed, though once they come out whatever is inside those transports or enemy forces close by will fire everything at them and take them out. Or assault them which stops them from shooting, which is where Sternguards strength is - sure got a power fist but you don't want to be in combat, a dedicated assault unit will wipe them out.
Has he played a game of 40K before? Fuck me, this is basic Deep Strike Tactics. How do any Deep Striking/Outflanking ranged units work? Funnily enough, the 20 Sternguard in this list aren't the killer units, either. It's the Vindi's, and Land Speeders.

I run a Biker List - and people are scared shitless by my Hit and Run Command Squad with about 25 S5/9 Attacks every turn - but it's the Vindicators people ignore. I couldn't give a shit if my 600pts of CSquad bite the dust, as long the Vindicators and attack bikes do their job. If some clever sod goes for the Bikes/Vindicators, then the Command Squad left unmolested is a terror in their lines.

BlazingGhost has it correct though - apart from the PFists. I'd say keep them. There'll be times when the Dice are against you, and you just can't bring down that Carnifex in time, or that Defiler just shrugs off those melta's.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Vaz, you put a smile on my face. If I can get a few more commissions, I will see about making this list. Planning on doing some creative casting of some specific parts of the LotD models to make some Mortifactors. :D I will be posting alternative lists, if you would be kind and critique those too. I always value your input.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I run a Biker List - and people are scared shitless by my Hit and Run Command Squad with about 25 S5/9 Attacks every turn - but it's the Vindicators people ignore. I couldn't give a shit if my 600pts of CSquad bite the dust, as long the Vindicators and attack bikes do their job. If some clever sod goes for the Bikes/Vindicators, then the Command Squad left unmolested is a terror in their lines.
as a fellow biker enthusiast, can i ask what your set up is?

sorry to hijack the threa OldHat, but for the record, what Vaz mentioned for advice is solid. any one taking a Podnought understands that it's more than likely a sacrificial pain in the ass unit. it's just a matter of how long it can keep being a pain in the bum.

PFs are a must! tact squads being held up by a Wraithlord is a detriment.

and lastly, didn't think about going half combi-melta/flamer on the Sternies; that's what i would do TBH, and you could do wonders with that when you combat squad.

good list, and good advice by Vaz.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.