SPECIAL

Gnoblar Scraplauncher: 165

4 Leadbealchers: 240
- Full Command

RARE

Slavegiant: 175

Army Total: 2501

Idea is that tyrant and butcher go in the bulls, to take up wounds, with a unit of ironguts on each flank. On one end I have the scraplaunchers, and on the other I have the gnoblars and the giant. This army’s mainly gonna be facing clan pestilence skaven, so lots of attacks and frenzy. Butcher’s there more for buff than damage, since they’re all ld 10 within 12” of the general, and unbreakable if they have the plague furnace, they carry huge units and t4 so s2 isn’t gonna do much either…

also tyrant's equipped the way he is since i want him killing lots of models rather than challenges, since skaven'll more or less always get steadfast, so 6 attacks at s6 with +1 to hit sounds good to me.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LORDS

Tyrant: 306
- Sword of Striking
- Talisman of Preservation
- Heavy Armour
- Giantbreaker
Agreed about the armour of destiny, but I don't have the magic pts left...doing the math hammer on the swords shows the sword of striking's gonna hit more:
Sword of striking: 5 attacks * (5/6) 2+ to hit = 25/6 hits (i.e. 4.1666)
Sword of battle: 6 attacks * (2/3) 3+ to hit = 4 hits
OK yeah it's only one extra attack on average per game, but better I spend my points on that rather than 2 extra gnoblars. I kept the giantbreaker just to compensate for his extra toughness (and to do some damage to the inevitable plague furnace)

HEROES

Slaughtermaster: 245
- Wyrdstone Necklace
- Bloodcleaver
I'll give it a go...definitely makes sense since he's got a lv 3 wizard, and more attacks + more wounds = more use out of the bloodcleaver i guess. Would've put in the skullmantle, but again, don't have the points.

CORE

8 Bulls: 342
- Extra Hand Weapon
- Bellower
- Standard Bearer
Point well made on the light armour and champion, although i'm going for extra hand weapons since it's an extra 4 pts for an extra s4 attack (possibly s5 with gut magic), and armour piercing doesnt really play much of a roll in things since his best armour is light with no shields, so either way he gets no saves.

8 Ironguts: 434
- Bellower
- Runemaw
I'll keep these for help with against the plague furnace, and for magic protection (however slight).

8 Bulls: 342
- Extra Hand Weapon
- Bellower
- Standard Bearer

22 Gnoblar Fighters: 44

21 Gnoblar Trappers: 42
Still need these guys for the scraplauncher:headbutt:

SPECIAL

4 Leadbealchers: 240- Full Command
Ill keep these, I tend to get lucky with atillery dice rolls, but I don't see how I can allocate wounds onto the champion....could someone explain?
RARE

Slavegiant: 175

Army total: 2500

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.