[140]

Long Fangs
5x Missile Launcher
[140]

Long Fangs
3x Lascannon, 2x Missile Launcher
[185]

[2497]

Triple Priests gives me good psychic protection and nasty, mobile psychic powers. The Wolf Guard give me two-base attack Fists, as well as another Melta for the drive-by, if one isn't enough for the job. They also give me a nice leadership boost, should that prove needed. The Two small Packs sit home and let the RBack snipe. They have a Meltagun for worse-case scenarios, really. The Speeders give me reach and more anti-horde. The Long Fangs are meant to crack open transports, as well as the triple Las squad for opening pesky AV12-13 vehicles at range.

Roughly 22 KP is fair for that size game, I think, and it certainly doesn't lack for CC punch. I think it looks pretty balanced and tough as nails.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
207 Posts
seems pretty good, but nothing with very high armor. Other missiles, multi-meltas at reg range, hydras, multi-lasers, hive guard will get rid of rhinos and speeders with ease. You do have enough to go around though if you lose a few here and there it should still be zooming toward you. You saids its good at CC? I dont disbelieve you (since you are wolves after all), but how do you expect to get a charge easily? if your transports get poped then you will probs get charged first. Looks solid as any though

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems pretty good, but nothing with very high armor. Other missiles, multi-meltas at reg range, hydras, multi-lasers, hive guard will get rid of rhinos and speeders with ease. You do have enough to go around though if you lose a few here and there it should still be zooming toward you. You saids its good at CC? I dont disbelieve you (since you are wolves after all), but how do you expect to get a charge easily? if your transports get poped then you will probs get charged first. Looks solid as any though
Wolves take charges well, with Counter-Attack. Also, they are kitted to be lethal in all regards. One thing about those Speeders is that they can Deep Strike near those Hydra or Hive Guard and put some hurting on them. Also, I hope to smoke those Rhinos on the charge and if I lose a few, I deal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
yea army looks rock solid, good pre-emptive strike w the speeders and you'll lay waste to exposed squads w grey hunters...the rune priests are gross playing lock down on psykers and nuking stuff w their rediculous psyker powers..id personally go w asscans on the raz backs,more versitile, you already have enough melta, no need for 2 more lascannons..besides your long fangs have allthe ranged firepower you need, besides a single twin-linked lascannon is pretty hit or miss from the razorbacks, asscans all the way

·
Registered
324 Posts
ascannons are pretty shitty compared to las plas. They're not strong enough to reliably pop transports (S6 works for eldar because they can spam it, but 4 shots at S6 will do little) and against infantry it's also quite useless since everything has cover. If you want to kill massed infantry you take flamers. Las/plas can deal with av 11-13 at long range and threaten TEQs at short range. There's no competition really.

about the list, have you considered trying to find the points to add a few more WG? you can give one to each LF unit as ablative wounds and one of them can have Termie armour and a cyclone launcher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts