Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
COMPLETED LIST, PLEASE POST

This is the list I will be running based around my Homebrew Chapter (See here for more details). I will eventually run this list, note I will maybe start buying the stuff after my SW. This comes to exactly 2500 points.

2500 Space Marines
The Vanquishers Chapter

HQ: :hq: 300

1 Captain Darnath Lysander 200
(I will re-name him the First Captain of my Vanquishers)
1 Space Marine Librarian 100
w/ Null Zone and The Gate of Infinity

ELITES: :elites: 795

5 Space Marine Terminators 465
w/ Heavy Flamer, 2 Chainfists, 1 Land Raider
1 Venerable Dreadnought 165
(Chapter Master Vorax)
5 Sternguard Veterans 165
w/ Razorback

TROOPS: :troops: 695

10 Tactical Marines 230
w/ Rhino, Flamer, Missile Launcher, Power Fist
10 Tactical Marines 235
w/ Rhino, Meltagun, Multi-Meta, Power Fist
10 Tactical Marines 230
w/ Rhino, Flamer, Heavy Bolter, Power Fist

FAST ATTACK: :fa: 335

10 Assault Marines 215
Sergeant w/ Power Fist
1 Land Speeder 60
Multi-Meta
1 Land Speeder 60
Multi-Meta

HEAVY SUPPORT: :hs: 375

1 Vindicator 125
w/ Siege shield
1 Predator 165
w/ Twin Linked Lascannon, Side Sponsons w/ Lascannon
1 Predator 85
w/ Autocannon, Side Sponsons w/ Heavy Bolters

·
Registered
324 Posts
Overall this list is how most marine armies should and most times do look. a few tweaks here and there and the list would be pretty solid.

1 Captain Darnath Lysander 200
(I will re-name him the First Captain of my Vanquishers)
1 Space Marine Librarian 100
w/ Null Zone and The Gate of Infinity
:eek:k:

5 Space Marine Terminators 465
w/ Heavy Flamer, 2 Chainfists, 1 Land Raider
No issues with this except if you plan on running lysander with them, you'll want to upgrade to a LRC to hold them all. If you need to find points later on in the list, maybe drop the chainfists.

1 Venerable Dreadnought 165
(Chapter Master Vorax)
:eek:k:

5 Sternguard Veterans 165
w/ Razorback
the special issue ammo is nice, though i would get them a PW or something incase they enter CC. Also if your banking on the razorback getting them up to the line, i would suggest EA.

10 Tactical Marines 230
w/ Rhino, Flamer, Missile Launcher, Power Fist
10 Tactical Marines 235
w/ Rhino, Meltagun, Multi-Meta, Power Fist
10 Tactical Marines 230
w/ Rhino, Flamer, Heavy Bolter, Power Fist
All good except id downgrade the MM to a missile launcher. You will rarely use your special weapon and the heavy in the same game to make up the points costs in some fashion. I would again also get the Rhinos EA.

10 Assault Marines 215
Sergeant w/ Power Fist
Honestly, these guys are not really worth their points for vanilla marines unless you have a chaplain run with them. i would at the very list (if you dead set on using them) drop them down to a 8 man sqd with a special weapon, but for me, this would be the first thing to go to make up points to alter the rest of your army.

1 Land Speeder 60
Multi-Meta
1 Land Speeder 60
Multi-Meta
Good units, giving them a HF would make them great units.

1 Vindicator 125
w/ Siege shield
1 Predator 165
w/ Twin Linked Lascannon, Side Sponsons w/ Lascannon
1 Predator 85
w/ Autocannon, Side Sponsons w/ Heavy Bolters
good heavy support setup. but if you need any points, i dont see you needing the siege shield.

Again, overall not bad. If you do drop the assault sqd, you can take those points and make any adjustments, plus i would add a sniper scout sqd w/ a ML to sit on the home objective while your marines fight for other objectives. hope that helps and happy hunting!

·
Registered
59 Posts
First off, Good list.

I love using Assault Marines, but they are not worth the 200 something points for them.
The rest of this is really sound. I dont think a Venerable dreadnought is worth taking over a normal dread , but if your doing fluff wise for your army go ride ahead. I love the idea of SternGuard even though I've never played them (can't wait to buy some.) I also dont think a Annilator Predator is worth all those points but it is an anti-mech unit so who knows.

So basically listen to Blood_Knight's advice (and/or DarkReever's if he comments) he has some excellent points.

As Blood_Knight said (and always does -LOL-) taking Extra Armor is probably best. (But I'm still not convinced we will see tomorrow)).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts