chaos Knights of Khorne x 10 480
Full command

Marauders of Khorne x 20 130
Flail

Marauders of Khorne x 20 130
Flail

2480/
/2500

Im debating removeing a squad of warriors to put in a warshrine and another 20 strong marauder group, but that would still leave me 30 points off.

·
Registered
353 Posts
So..one thing you have obviously considered and chosen to leave out..is no magic. Also absolutely no magic res, or dispel dice..which could hurt against even a moderatly powerful spellcasting army..Other than that, all those units lay a lot of hurt on whatever they get into combat with, but with no magic defence your now contending with whatever shooting your opponent brings, and whatever magic as well.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Khorne Lord on Juggernaught 360
Armor of Damnation
Father of blades

EH of Khorne 205
Shield
Chaos Rune Weapon
+BSB

Chaos Sorc 145
lvl2
Power Familiar
Lore Undecided (since it has no real cost change, cant decide on Death or Fire)

Chaos Warriors of Khorne x 15 300
Halbered
Full Command

Halbered
Full Command

Halbered
Full Command

Marauders x 10 50
Flail

Marauders x 10 50
Flail

Marauders x 10 50
flail

Chaos Chosen of Khorne x 10 275
Halbered
Full Command
Favor of the gods

Warshrine 130

Hell cannon 205

Hell Cannon 205

2495/
/2500

update to the list, was playing around and thought this might work out abit better.

Also, with the new rules, Magic isnt as evil as it was, still bad ass, but not AS bad

·
Registered
353 Posts
True, Magic isnt "as" bad, but you dont really want magic missles hitting your nice chaos warriors with no resistance..now do you? I like the new list a lot better though!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im still reworking the setup, though you guys can correct me if im wrong, but dont the new rules always give the opponent dispell dice?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
im still reworking the setup, though you guys can correct me if im wrong, but dont the new rules always give the opponent dispell dice?
Well you do get the highest of the two dice that your opponent rolled for the Winds of Magic but having a couple sorcerers for channeling extra dispel dice (although only on a 6+) and to have a bit of a bonus when dispelling (since you add your wizard lvl to the dispel attempt) is actually a too good idea to ignore. And while it is true that magic is not as bad as it used to be I still think you shouldn't leave home without a dispel scroll, especially since you can have only one and its piss easy to fit that one little parchment in any army.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right now im debating if I want to keep those Hell cannons, or Switch them for more chosen, a second warshrine, and either upping my Sorc to a sorc lord or possibly throwing a second sorc onto my side of the field

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hellcannons got pretty nice, I'd keep them.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Khorne Lord on Juggernaught 360
Armor of Damnation
Father of blades

EH of Khorne 205
Shield
Chaos Rune Weapon
+BSB

Chaos Sorc 145
lvl2
Power Familiar
Lore of Death

Halbered
Full Command

Halbered
Full Command

Halbered
Full Command

Marauders x 10 50
Flail

Marauders x 10 50
Flail

Marauders x 10 50
flail

Chaos Chosen of Khorne x 10 285
Halbered
Full Command
Favor of the gods

Warshrine 130

warshrine 130

Hell Cannon 205

2500/
/2500

I think this list will do nicely!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
/bump (I apolgize for the double post, but I iz updating)

·
Registered
530 Posts
what are you going to do with those marauders the units are to small to really do something. and if you drop them and find 55 points somewhere you can have an other hell cannon.
and because of the theme you maybe would want to give your sorcerer dispell scroll against magic instead of the power familiar.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the marauders are just there to provide cover from shooters / charge and do some damage before my Warriors strike

·
Registered
353 Posts
That lord build is good, but do you know exactly what you want from him? Because that combo is good to square up in challenges, but you could easily give him the runesword and still be uber killy in challenges, and be much better at dicing units of pretty much anything

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Putch if you noticed, the CRS is on my EH. I WAS running ES and FRW but with the new 2+ against flaming attacks helmet my buddies use alot I decided to go a different route with my Lord for a change.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think this army should do well, I've been using units of 20-25 warriors although only because I don't use any marauders on foot. I would recommend some marauder horsemen to help take out warmachines, warshrines are hit and miss but are a tough nut to crack. Test it out and see how it goes.

·
Registered
353 Posts
ah, My mistake, well done then, This list looks quite solid! Assuming your hellcannons dont explode, but such is the fun of chaos!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im Khornate, I dont have many sorcerers, period, and not any ones that would be any good!

and with the new way power / dispell dice work, Im not AS worried about Magic as I would have been in 7th

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why not an axe of khorne s6 and killing blow
cuz though S6 is awsome and KB is ok, its not as good as the Setups Im currently useing, Axe of Khorne goes onto my second EH if I throw another in

1 - 20 of 20 Posts