(4) Screamers
[64]

(4) Screamers
[64]

(4) Screamers
[64]

Heavy:
Daemon Prince
Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Unholy Might, Mark of Slaanesh, Soporific Musk, Transfixing Gaze
[230]

Daemon Prince
Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Unholy Might, Mark of Slaanesh, Soporific Musk, Transfixing Gaze
[230]

[2500]

Fateweaver is obvious. The Thirster is to smash faces. The Bloodcrushers come down and do what they do, mostly unique models too. The Changeling and the Horrors can screen Fateweaver to make the opponent uneasy about what they shoot at him. The other squad of Horrors just drop in and Bolt. The Icon Plaguebearers go in the first wave to help bring down other stuff, while the rest come in on objectives and hunker down. The Screamers are meant to zoom in and bust tanks, while the twin Princes are to assault brutally at high initiative and also chop up armor.

Thoughts?

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I would switch MoS to MoT on the daemon princes, you lose the Musk and Gaze (its pretty useless anyway though... except against a few things like dreaddnaughts) and you get a 4++ instead, which is far better if you are close to fateweaver (75% pass rather then 56%). 3 flying MCs all in close formation, all with a small chance of actually taking wounds is a seriously nasty combo

·
Registered
648 Posts
I wouldn't take Crushers at all. They're tough and killy, but far too slow to catch anything.

Against a mobile or mechanized army you have 1 BS5 bolt and 2 BS3 bolts. That won't even phase them at 2500. They will run circles around you and there's not much you can do to stop it. Screamers will be hitting on 6's and are waaaay too fragile.

Fateweaver is handy, but an obvious lynchpin. At 2500, everybody has enough firepower to pour into him and send him packing. Once he goes, you're done.

I'd go for Fiends and Nurgle Princes over BCs and Slaanesh Princes any day. Fiends have the mobility to catch enemy armor, while Nurgle Princes have T6 and wound everything on a 2+. I'd also look into chariot Tzeralds with bolt instead of your other HQs. They aren't as killy, but Nurgle Princes do just fine in that department and the added mobility and tank busting is essential.

For Troops, PBs are all you need. 6 units of 5 should be plenty. T5 FNP is plenty tough, so you can spend more on the killy stuff.

Flesh Hounds and Seekers > Screamers. Hounds can do like Fiends, use their speed to catch armor and disable it. Seekers are more for killing tougher infantry or MCs, but they can go after armor in a pinch.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The main question is: who is your opponent? Against LR spam with lot of assault termies, or jetbike warlock spam, I would use the army, what you wrote. I would switch the DP-s into Tzeentch DP-s. No more tansfixing gaze and musk, but they will survive longer.

If you are facing a fast opponent, then use only 1 crusher squad, and add 2 units of 6 feinds, one with might. If you are facing lot of bodies, you can switch the fiends onto flamers. They will denie the cover, and your opponent can only use invul saves against them.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, here is a newer, possibly better (?) list:

HQ:
Fateweaver
[333]

Bloodthirster
Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God
[275]

Elites:
(5) Bloodcrushers
Fury of Khorne, Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos
[240]

(5) Bloodcrushers
[240]

(5) Bloodcrushers
[240]

Troops:
(8) Pink Horrors
The Changeling, Bolt of Tzeentch
[151]

(8) Pink Horrors
Bolt of Tzeentch
[146]

(5) Plaguebearers
Chaos Icon
[100]

(5) Plaguebearers
[75]

(5) Plaguebearers
[75]

Heavy:
Daemon Prince
Daemonic Flight, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change
[200]

Daemon Prince
Daemonic Flight, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change
[200]

Daemon Prince
Daemonic Flight, Unholy Might, Mark of Nurlge, Iron Hide, Cloud of Flies
[225]

[2500]

Just exploring my options.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think the DP are perfect.

Same for Plaguebearers.

I would put the horrors together and drop bolt, it just never seem to do what i need it to on horrors, when they are one big unit the have enough fire power to take down all of a horde so they don't get assaulted. and if you facing two horde there big enough to tie up the other for a good part of the game.

The bane of every daemon army if we only had about 6 more elite slots , but as it stands with only three 3x5 wound allocation blood crushers work quite nicely.

HQ looks good I never end up using blessing but its not a bad 5 points spent.

Fateweaver may die after a turn or two but that's fine. What people forget is that gives you a turn or two to get what you need where you need it without a army's worth of fire tearing it up before you get there.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, with these lists in mind, here is what I am thinking for Count-As, since I want to go for a totally different theme than Daemons, though still very Chaos - Conjured, ghastly spirits from lost ages, summoned from the Warp by some Chaos sorcerer(s).

Galrauch - Fateweaver
Be'Lakor - Bloodcrusher
WoC Knights - Bloodcrushers
WoC Marauders - Pink Horrors
WoC Warriors - Plaguebearers

The big question is - What do I use for Daemon Princes? Chaos Spawn with Wings? Or..?

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Best things I can think of would be the great eagle- they would fit into the feel of the army and are damn cool to boot. "My eyes, my eyes, they took my eyes" :p

Other then that you are looking at either a totally converted model (I would stay clear of spawn- they look too unworldly to really fit with the mortal theme you have going)... nasgul would be another cool one to try but I think they would be far too big.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
If you were taking them as foot sloggers with breath then the new O&G trolls would be perfect... but I just cannot see them working with wings. Other things you could do would include mounting a none winged model on a flying stand (at least the support) and emphasising the ethereal/spirit nature of the model when you paint it- "unfathomable arcane powers" would surely include being able to float as you arent made of anythign solid... would also make sense of the save: its invulnerable because there is a good chance of any damage just passing straight through.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like the list. with that many crushers your opponent will really have to hit you hard and hope you start losing stuff. I'm not the biggest fan of having that DP's with wings but they can work ( I just hate spending that many points for them) but try out the list and see how it goes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts