Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I am involved with an escalation league at my local GW store. The League is designed to encourage building a fully painted army, so I will score allot of points for having a full painted army, as such I have started working on a list for the month of May! (when we escalate to 2500) so I have this month and next to get the models ready.

Anyway this is the planned list, please tell me what you think! (also feel free to comment on the 2250pt one as well)

= HQ =
Daemon Prince. (Tridon the Sinister) – 300
[DoT, Wings, Armor, Black Mace, GoM, Rank 1 Pysker]

Chaos Lord. (Gnaeus the Infested) – 150
[LC, BBoS, MoN, SoC, Melta Bombs]

= Troops =

Cultists - 55
[10man, Heavy Stubber]

Chaos Space Marine Squad. (10 man) - 235
[10man, CCWs, Melta Gun x2 , Combi-Flamer (on AC), Rhino+Havoc. ]

Chaos Space Marine Squad. (10 man) - 235
[10man, CCWs, Plasma Gun x2, Rhino+Havoc. ]

Plague Marine Squad. (6 Man) – 169
[2 man, Plasma Guns, Meltagun]

Chaos Space Marine Squad. (5 man) - 90
[CCWs (Replace Bolters), Meltabombs (on AC)]

= Elites =
Hellbrute. - 110
[Lascannonscannon, Power Fist]

Hellbrute. - 125

Chaos Terminators – 126
Combi-Flamer, Power Sword (on AC)
Combi-Flamer, Power Fist x2

= Fast =

3 Chaos Bike - 100
[Meltaguns x2, Combi-melta (on AC)]

Helldrake – 170
BaleFlamer

= Heavy Support =

Predator – 95
Autocannon Turret, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Predator – 100
Lascannon Turret

Landraider- 235
Dirge Casters

= Fortifications. =

Strongpoint- 189 (10% discount due to league rules)
‘Imperial’ Bastion: Quad-Gun
Aegis Defence Lines: Icarus-Lascannon

==
The Plan, is to put the Plague marines (With the Lord) on the Barricades Fortification along with the cultists in the Bastion building a nice little castle. Near the end of the game they make a jump on 'near zone' objectives. (The Hellbrutes and Dakka Pred holds the line with them)
The two CSM squads along with the Laz-Predator advance on a flank and try to get line-breaker and objectives on the far table. The DP and the Bikes acts as roving problem solvers.
The Khornate Marines sit in the Landraider and can A) advance with the armored fist or B) hold the line near the Bastion and be able to drop a small unit into CC to help deal with the opponent’s attempts to grab my near table objectives. (Which has been a problem of late)
The Heldrake and the Terminators are reserves sent in to help reinforce areas when needed. The Drake does what the Drake does, and the Terminators are used to clear fortifications that have started popping up in my games.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks good to me Uv, being Escalation though, does that mean someone can take a Lord of War? I'm unfamiliar with Esc rules, if you can, and someone does, you may have some trouble. Only thing I noticed is
= Elites =
Hellbrute. - 110

Hellbrute. - 125
Lascannonscannon* ? lol, both have same loadout but one is 15 points more than the other.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good to me Uv, being Escalation though, does that mean someone can take a Lord of War? I'm unfamiliar with Esc rules, if you can, and someone does, you may have some trouble. Only thing I noticed is

Lascannonscannon* ? lol, both have same loadout but one is 15 points more than the other.
Yes, they should both cost the same... They do on my Exel Masterbook, I will fix it in the post.

The League is called Escalation becuse every month the size of the Games Escalate, 750 then +500 pts each month. (final month is +250).

But saying that, evething can be used but you dont have to play someone if you dont want to.. So you can use a Lord of War, you just need to find someone to play! Now saying that the grey kights player I have been playing each month used a warhound titan this month (though no D Weapon).

I won the game and it was a nice change of pace to see something like that on the table, and my list has been built with the thought to take out that titan again if needed. (or to ignore it and win anyways)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts