Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2500 Pts - Empire Roster

Wizard Lord
1 Wizard Lord @ 305 pts (General; Level 4 Upgrade)
1 Rod of Power
1 Armour of Tarnus
1 Van Horstman's Speculum

Captain
1 Captain of the Empire @ 125 pts (Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Armour of Meteoric Iron
1 Sword of Might
1 Luckstone

Warrior Priest of Sigmar (1#, 144 pts)
1 Warrior Priest @ 144 pts (Great Weapon)
1 Dragonhelm
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Armor of the Dawn

Master Engineer (1#, 85 pts)
1 Master Engineer @ 85 pts (Hochland Long Rifle)

War Engines (4#, 110 pts)
1 Helblaster Volley Gun @ 110 pts

War Engines (4#, 100 pts)
1 Great Cannon @ 100 pts (Cannon)

War Engines (4#, 100 pts)
1 Great Cannon @ 100 pts (Cannon)

War Engines (4#, 75 pts)
1 Mortar @ 75 pts

War Engines (4#, 75 pts)
1 Mortar @ 75 pts

Pistoliers
5 Pistoliers (Musician Mus; Champion /w Repeater Pistol)
5 Warhorse

State Troops
24 Swordsmen (Full Command)
10 [Det] Halberdiers (Halberd)
10 [Det] Handgunners (Handgun)

State Troops

State Troops

State Troops
10 Handgunners (Handgun)
1 Marksman (Hochland Long Rifle)

Total Roster Cost: 2503

Thoughts?

I think I should be OK with 1 lvl 4 wizard as 5 long rifles should mean dead wizards pretty quick.

If I can outshoot the enemy I'll sit back and let them come to me. Putting the swordsmen outfront to hopefully take the charge, allowing my handgunners to stand and shoot and the halberds to counter-charge the flank. Plus my wizard should be able to buff out the squads with LoB.

·
Registered
466 Posts
ive only played a couple of 8th ed games and this list looks allright pretty fun to play only problem is i wouldnt expect you being allowed to take that many master engineers i still thought there was a rule about duplicates at certain points levels? if im wrong i am sorry but this is just from what i was reading on the forum :) lol

also if you can have that many engineers it would be bonkers ! lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
What lore is your level 4 taking? Since it needs to be marked down on the Roster, other than that looks pretty good, all those hochland long rifles means a lot of dead characters!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive only played a couple of 8th ed games and this list looks allright pretty fun to play only problem is i wouldnt expect you being allowed to take that many master engineers i still thought there was a rule about duplicates at certain points levels? if im wrong i am sorry but this is just from what i was reading on the forum :) lol

also if you can have that many engineers it would be bonkers ! lol
Hahah yeah, you can with Hero/Lord choices. As long as you don't go over the 25% max. It's pretty mean to other armies packing lots of characters, plus I can always use them to reroll artillery.

What lore is your level 4 taking? Since it needs to be marked down on the Roster, other than that looks pretty good, all those hochland long rifles means a lot of dead characters!
Sorry, it was at the bottom of the post. LoB (lore of beasts) Basically for the signature spell. +1 str and +1 T to a unit of swordsmen makes em' pretty mean.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Wyssan's Wildform is a really nice spell... but I normally take beasts for the amber spear to be a WE counter to high T or good armour saves; in theory I fire the S10 at a unit of heavy cav and take out a whole rank (although I managed to cast it 4 times against a WoC knight unit the other day and killed a mighty 1 knight- dispelled twice because of my abysmal rolling, rolled a 1 for first wound once and once they passed their MR1 6++ on teh 2nd knight... I wasnt amused). Althugh with this army I would expect that the character buff spells might actually be the most useful. Being able to get a S7, T7, 5+A empire character would be pretty awesome...
Even though beasts does loook very handy I would advise something else, most of the local players seem to be going for life (T7 men/elves is catching) but personally I would expect that metal or shadow would be best for empire. Metal allows you to counter good armour saves that might beat your handguns and laugh at your infantry (as well as being pretty handy against hordes, which empire should do ok vs anyway) and shadow allows you to use pit of shades against nasty blocks of low I such as undead/dwarves/ogres as well as messing with enemy stats to hobble their shooting/combat or just make them pathetically easy to wound- one of the most enjoyable things Ive dont in 8th was wounding on a 2+ with my HE archers (T1 ogres... poor them). Shadow has the extra bonus of you being able to charge the enemy and then 'evac' mages from units by swapping them with other characters- means you can charge with the unit with your mage in but then swap in either the captain or the priest to pump up the unit a little ore (as well as protecting hte mage).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts