Lords

Dwarf Lord (General) = 246
GW
Shieldbearers
RoStone
RoKraggtheGrim
RoCleaving
RoFury

Immune to Killing Blow, 1+ AS with 5 WS7 S7 attacks and 2 WS5 S4 attacks from the Shieldbearers. Goes in with the Hammerers.

Heroes

Thane (BSB) = 115
BSB
MroGromril

1+ AS BSB that will hang out in the Longbeards.

Runesmith = 99
RoSpellbreaking
GW

Anti-magic protection. Adds +1 to Dispel Dice and armed with the equivalent of a Dispel Scroll. Will help protect the War Machines.

Dragon Slayer = 50

Chose him because I had the points. Goes where ever he can fulfill his vow!

Josef Bugman = 155

Always been interested in using him but was sub par last edition - lets see if he can prove his worth this time! Makes his unit Immune to Fear and Terror. In the movement phase he can regenerate one of his wounds via the Tankard. 4 S5 Attacks at WS6 might make a dent...4+6++ AS as well. Also has Scout.

Core

Longbeards X19 = 287 (BSB goes here)
GW
Musician
Standard Bearer
RoStocism

Gives surrounding models in 6" a free re-roll to Panic tests. Also pretty damn offensive with S6 attacks and counts as double the Unit Strength

Quarrellers X15 = 180
Shields
Musician

Ranked up 5x3 to maximise shots

Thunderers X10 = 155
Shields
Musician

Shoots stuff to soften em' up

Warriors X20 = 205
Shields
Veteran
Musician
Standard Bearer

Positioned to try and make the enemy attack and bog them down.

Longbeard Rangers X19 = 315 (Josef Bugman goes here)
GW
Standard Bearer
Musician
Throwing Axes

May be a surprise to many opponents. Now that Throwing Axes are classed differently so that they can be used as Stand and Shoot. 20 S5 Axes when they get charged followed up by 10 or 20 (unsure on the new rules) S6 GW attacks...backed up by the beer man himself! Also they are all Immune to Fear and Terror with the Scout rule.

Special

Hammerers X23 = 319 (Lord goes here)
Musician
Standard Bearer
RoBattle

Hard hitting Unit that is again Immune to Fear and Terror with Stubborn which adds +1 to combat resolution with the Rune. And the beefy Lord.

Cannon = 130
RoForging
RoBurning

Not ideal, but it is all I have. Flaming attacks and can re-roll the Artillery dice.

Rare

Organ Gun = 120

Organ Gun = 120

Can't leave home without it!

Characters = 665
Core = 1142
Special = 449
Rare = 240

TOTAL = 2496

Any changes or suggestions are always appreciated. Also, if my army is wrong under 8th Edition rules feel free to point them out.
:eek:k:

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
A couple of comments. Missile units only shoot in two ranks. I think you're looking at shooting in 3 ranks. Drop one of the organ guns for a Grudge Thrower w/rune of Accuracy, Burning, and Penetrating. Rock Throwers are much better now with the "premeasure" ability. Also, Defending war machines is less useful now. A character is just likely to die when the crew breaks and is destroyed. I'd take a rune of Spell Eating as well as Spell Breaking, and drop the Slayer. He's got no place to go.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to add that these models are the ones I have. Otherwise I would put a Stone thrower in straight away! Maybe I can convince myself to buy one but they are bloody expensive.

Thanks for the missile shooting advice. I may drop one Quarreller off and have then in 2 ranks of 6. And Ill add those runes.

Lastly my crew wont break...I think because they are Stubborn. Not sure if that works though. Still shaky on those sort of rules

1 - 4 of 4 Posts