Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
seeing as I don't play my chaos enough I wanted to run them in my upcoming campaign a friend is hosting. Wanted to make this a kind of black crusade with aba in front. But wanted a bit of advice on what you think the weakness of the army will be so I can try to think of something to counter it

abaddon 275

Slaanesh dp 155
wings, lash

5 choosen in a rhino 185
5 melta guns, icon of chaos glory

4 termies 165
pair of claws,chain fist,fist, 2 combi meltas

10 marines 230
chaos glory icon,melta,lascannon,champ(fist)

10 marines 230

10 marines 230

8 lesser daemons 104

8 lesser daemons 104

8 lesser daemons 104

3 bikes 129
2 meltas, icon of chaos glory

3 bikes 129

3 bikes 129

predator 165
lascannon sponsons,havoc launcher, possesion

predator 165

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think this list would do great, if the other persons army was all high end armour and TEQs. A few things to help even out the list a bit.

5 choosen in a rhino 185
5 melta guns, icon of chaos glory
Yeah, that would rock a tanks world, but what about the mushroom warboss and all his lil greenskin buddies? i would drop a melta for a flamer just incase, also they could use some sort of PW or PF, they have to get close to use their weapons, dont think they are not gonna get charged.

10 marines 230

10 marines 230

10 marines 230
i'd either drop the melta or the lascannon. You are going to use one or the other, but almost never both enough to make up their points cost. Also, think about putting one or two of the squads in rhinos without the lascannon and taking a flamer instead for more mobility and better objective claiming capabilities.

Another option is just getting them all rhinos. the more mobile this edition the better!

8 lesser daemons 104

8 lesser daemons 104

8 lesser daemons 104
Maybe these guys are for fluff, i dunno, but i think a vindy would suite you better, and give you some much needed anti-infantry support
predator 165

predator 165
Drop the havoc launchers, not worth it.

Don't really know where you would be standing on points at this point, but id bet you could almost put another marine sqd out there, or get some fun other little unit. best of luck :eek:k:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
the list is pretty good, but it does have several problems:

Abaddon and the termies seem to be hoofing it. They should be in a transport to be more effective.

Drop the PF on one termie; one CF should be plenty, and give them an icon: IoT or IoS.

I would also recommend dropping the DP if you’re going to take an HQ as expensive as Abaddon + retinue.

I can see what you’re trying to do with your CSM, but TBH you’re better off taking a melta/flamer combo. You can’t combat squad like Imperial Marines, so you’re going to be torn between standing and shooting your LC or advancing and giving up the LC shot.

You could get away with one CSM squad with a flamer and a LC, but don’t give it a PF or a Champ upgraded, or a rhino, and have it cover your home objective.

Better yet, use a NM’s or PM’s to hold on to your objective. A small squad of either is devastating, harder to kill than CSM and hard dislodge from cover.

Drop the Summoned Damons for another CSM squad.

None of your Troop choices should be hoofing it.

Consolidate your bikes into two larger units. Any left over point should be used to increase the number of bikers you have.

Drop the Havok launchers and switch Possession for extra armor, or better yet, deploy these guys in cover and lose that as well.

I know it’s a major re-organization, but IMO the list has enough small drawbacks that ccould determine the outcome of the game for you.

good hunting.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice. I revised the list a bit. I do like the lascannon/melta combos in the regular marines lists. I have tried out this new list and has done quite well against all the mechanized lists in the area. no hoard lists are in the campaign so don't have to worry about them

abaddon 275

Slaanesh terminator sorcerer 150
lash of submission,combi-melta,personal icon

5 choosen 185
5 meltas, icon of chaos glory
rhino

4 termies 165
pair of claws,chain fist,fist, 2 combi meltas

10 marines 230
icon of chaos glory,melta,lascannon,champ(fist)

10 marines 230

10 marines 230

7 plague marines 241
2 plasma guns,personal icon,champ ( PW, plasma pistol )

8 lesser daemons 104

3 bikes 129

3 bikes 129

3 bikes 129

predator 150
lascannon sponsons,Daemonic possesion

predator 150
lascannon sponsons, damonic possesion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts