Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Army Name: Warherd of the Flaming Hoof

Special Notes
- Pretty straight forward list. Horde of beasts marching at the enemy receiving buffs and a couple of ambushers for flanking and small units of war machine killers

LORDS

Lord: Beastlord (with Bestigors): 245pts
- Armor of Silvered Steel
- The Steel Claws
- Potion of Strength

Lord 2: Great Bray Shaman (with Bestigors): 325pts
- Lvl 4
- Lore of Beasts
- Jagged Dagger
- Fencers Blades
- Talisman of Preservation

HEROES

Hero 1: Wargor (with Gors): 206pts
- BSB
- The Beast Banner
- Heavy Armor
- Shield
- Gnarled Hide

Hero 2: Gorebull (with Ungors): 222pts
- Sword of Strife
- Dragon Helm
- Heavy Armor
- Shield

CORE

Core 1: 50 Ungors: 315pts
- Spears
- Full Command

Core 2: 20 Ungors (ambush): 135pts
- Spears
- Full Command

Core 3: 30 Gors: 265pts
- Additional Hand Weapons
- Full Command

Core 4: 20 Gors (ambush): 185pts
- Additional Hand Weapons
- Full Command

Core 5: 6 Ungor Raiders: 36pts

Core 6: 5 Ungor Raiders (ambush): 30pts

SPECIAL

Special 1: 30 Bestigors: 425pts
- Full Command
- Manbane Standard

Special 2: 5 Harpies: 55pts

Special 3: 5 Harpies: 55pts

Army Total: 2499

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I initially had wanted to fit a big beast into this army but I only had a little over 200pts left when I got to that point. That would mean removing my ambushing Gors and I wasnt too comfortable with that So I added the ambushing Ungors and Ungor Raiders.

As far as the beasts go I like the Ghorgon the most. He has the most wounds, toughness, and attacks of the group. Plus he is stubborn at Ld 10 so he can hold up an infantry unit all game by himself until he eventually kills them all. I am a big fan of the Cygor too with him being a stone thrower but the WS 2 is terrible and he just isnt as tough as the Ghorgon. Im also partly reluctant to take them because a good cannon shot brings down my 275pts.

I also feel kind of naked without minotaurs in my list. I'm one of the few people that likes the models and they are just absolute killing machines. I'm relying on most of the killing power I have coming from buffs and my characters though a block of frenzied Ungors can do its fair share of damage by itself.

I guess I will have to consider whether or not the extra couple of banners are worth losing the sheer power of one of the rares.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am wanting this list to be an infantry heavy list because I think a horde army could be fun. I eventually want to have a ton of minotaurs but not right off the bat. I just was thinking that my list could do with a little extra punch and minotaurs punch very well. Also I don't ever take special characters. Our gaming group never allows special characters and I personally love to create a back story for my general.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts