Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Ambush is nice but not exactly for Ungors. Though if you have a few Wargors run ahead and join the ambushing units when they arrive, it might surprise your opponent. Just make sure you take Kazrak so your Ambushers will arrive when and where you want them to. Then again, the 91 points (Heavy Armour, Shield) might not be worth the Ld8 hes giving those runts. I've yet to see it for myself.

The big boys (Giants, Ghorgons, Cygors) are nice, but they're pretty pricey. If you plan on taking these guys, you'll have to forget about ambushing Gors. I'd forget about Ungors, unless its a block of 40-50 with the General and BSB nearby (meaning no ambush). Ld6 is not something to rely on. I think Ungors are best when they have bows and are ignored for being weaker then a fart. But when the fart hits your nose it makes you weep, just when you were about to shoot up those big bulls and goats coming your way. :p But seriously, the 2 pts/model difference between Ungors and Gors is definately worth it, since you're getting +1WS, T, and Ld, all of them dead important in a Beastman army (especially T since we're not known for having a noteworthy armour save :p).

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
If you like Minotaurs more then why don't you build a list with them? Its pretty simple: Brass Bull as General, a Doombull for BSB, a lvl1 Bray Shaman for Chalice of the Dark Rain (you could put him in a Chariot if you wanted, but he can run alone, the Chalice is the important thing), a couple Tuskgor Chariots, 2x10 Ungor Raiders with Musicians, and spend the rest of your points on two huge Minotaur units with no extra equipment, just a Musician. Theres no point in giving them AHW, since you won't be getting the extra attacks from the back, the GW ruins their already average-ish Initiative, and the Shield is utterly pointless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts