Sanguinary priest, infernous pistol, power weapon: 80
Chaplian: 100

Heavy support
Devastator squad, 4x missile launchers: 130
Devastator Squad, 3x plasma cannon, las cannon: 160
Total: 2496

been alil while since i posted a listm but this is what ive been using lately. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :victory:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am not a fan of using 4 heavy weapons on a devestator squad without adding some bolter marines to take hits for your big guns.

Also you cannot have 4 elites.

-Regards Blammer

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually up to 3 priests can count as one elite choice, so theres really 2

·
Registered
670 Posts
The Sanguinior isn't really that cool and costs a packet. Not a I.C either.

Mephiston is pretty powerful, but again not a I.C so blast away and he'll die. Dude doesn't have a invulnerable.

Squads are interesting but I really don't rate infernus pistols, 3" 2D6 range for 15 points isn't that cool.

The Priests should be used as benefit units and kept cheap. There weakness is close combat where they can be singled out, you've just made them more of a threat and cost more by taking a power weap.

Devs are fine, though triple plasmas and lascannon is not. Go all missile launchers for multi role goodness.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Actually up to 3 priests can count as one elite choice, so theres really 2
oh well I learn something new every day. :biggrin:

·
Registered
990 Posts
If this is for fun then stop reading at the end of this sentence, if it's semi-comp or comp then read on...

2.5k lists are hard, mostly because you need to be able to deal with the kind of threats your opponents can field at this points value.

Both HQs are overpriced & as said earlier non-ICs. They are both scary but they can both be dealt with at this points value. I would choose one & theme the army around him, IMO Mephiston is more suited to mech.

You have three AV11 rhinos all worth 3 KPs & costing 342 points each. Honestly? Drop the Priests for the 2nd melta & save a KP & 70 points off each unit. Personally, I'm not a fan of putting RAS in rhinos, I rarely get the charge & AV11 is just too weak unless spammed. As mentioned above, if you go with SHPs then keep them cheap & out of melee (unless you have no choice), one wound is not good.

A Land Raider full of DC led by a Chaplain coming in at 655, this is a massive points sink & total overkill. This is no where near as good as a LRC with TH/SS Terminators with a SHP and/or Librarian. Rage isn't even my issue here, it's the 3+ save which is. Whilst DC are nasty, they simply lack the staying power to make this set up worth it, sure they will most probably wipe out what they charge, but FNP or not they are going bye bye. Rarely will the unit they wipe out cost more than 395 points.

There isn't enough firepower in there, you only have 4 missile launchers, 3 plasma cannons & a single Lascannon to dish out any kind of long range, just not enough at 2.5k.

I don't mean to sound harsh & believe in being honest (especially when you look at GW prices) but in all honesty I think this list will struggle.

Dallas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts