[100]

(2) Attack Bikes
Multimeltas
[100]

(2) Attack Bikes
Multimeltas
[100]

[2500]

Meant to be a competitive list with few frills. Avoiding AV units entirely and putting the focus on assault - the antithesis of my current Guard army, in other words. Also, it will NOT be Blood Angels, just using the Codex for the whole jump infantry thing. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hmm,

Such a focus on anti-mech; Tyranids & Daemons smile at this :biggrin:

This is going to be starting on the board more often than it DS which I don't like. I'm not sure what the attack bikes role is, surely your HG melta guns can do their job via DS & DOA? This is badly missing VV (though you knew I was going to say that) since most stuff will need to DS in a good 18'' away in order to get the charge, you really don't want to be getting charged or shot up by nasty units - that where VV come in.

I'd drop the PF in the HG for another 2 melta guns. Get power weapons onto a few Sergeants as well, you won't need 6 PFs.

Dallas

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
'Nids? People plays those?

Yea, I hear all this talk about Vanguard Vets, but my god a single unit of 10 is upwards of 300pt with any reasonable kit. Are they really worthwhile?

EDIT:
So, how about this?

HQ:
Librarian
Shield of Sanguinius, Blood Lance
Jump Pack
[125]

Honor Guard
Jump Packs, 4x Meltaguns
[205]

Librarian
Shield of Sanguinius, Blood Lance
Jump Pack
[125]

Honor Guard
Jump Packs, 4x Meltaguns
[205]

Elites:
(2) Sanguinary Priests
Jump Packs
[150]

Troops:
(10) Assault Marines
2x Flamers, Power Fist
[225]

(10) Assault Marines
2x Meltaguns, Power Fist
[235]

(10) Assault Marines
2x Meltaguns, Power Fist
[235]

(10) Assault Marines
2x Meltaguns, Power Fist
[235]

Fast Attack:
(10) Vanguard Veterans
2x Power Fist, 2x Power Weapons
[380]

(10) Vanguard Veterans
2x Power Fist, 2x Power Weapons
[380]

[2500]

The Honor Guard and a twin Melta Combat Squad can hop down and pop tanks, while the VV assault the guys inside - either splitting into two Combat Squads w/ a Fist and PWeapon each, or stay one big squad. The Flamer unit can drop down to help torch hordes, but those are uncommon in my area, so a secondary concern. The Priests and Honor Guard give me a nice FC / FNP bubble for my VV and everyone in the army has DoA, which is awesome for putting this many Marines on the board.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yes, people run Nids... & they are the bane of my life.

Hey, I'm not saying you 'have' to run VV but those bikes force you to put all your models on the board pretty much, kinda sucks not to use DOA to its potential. I have seem some builds using Devastators instead, 15 missiles on turn 1 should pop something... whichever route you take make sure you play test it before you drop all that money on the models.

So, on to the VV: Get 3 x 5 man VV with a single power fist & as many storm shields as you can buy. I think 5 x VV with a fist & 3 shields is about 250 points. 3 units will come in more useful than 2 large units of 10 (which also have a larger chance of a mishap).

Dallas

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They won't be larger units. They are cheaper that way by a few points, because I will just combat squad them. I save points for the Sergeants cheaper Power Fist and also for the overall cost of the squad. It is like having four small squads. I am not sold on sinking the points into Storm Shields. That is a HUGE sink. I will see about it, though. Might be worth it and modelling them would offer some neat opportunities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts