Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wel the whole idea of this army is that almost everything wounds on a 2+, everything pretty much walks, and some things instant death on 6's. ive been thinking about removing the destructors from the warlocks and gimmicking with the psychic loadouts a little bit, im not a big fan of spamming conceal, but the guard do need it, anyways please have a look at the list and help make tunements were desperately needed.

Farseer
fortune, doom, RoWitnessing, spiritstones

10 Warlocks
enhance, embolden, destructorx2, singing spear

Farseer
fortune, doom, RoWitnessing, spiritstones

10 Warlocks
enhance, embolden, destructor

10 Wraithguard
spiritseer - conceal, singingspear

10 Wraithguard

10 Wraithguard

Support Weapons
D-cannonx3

Support Weapons
D-cannonx3

Support Weapons
D-cannonx3

2500pts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Yep, that's pretty destructive. Too many issues though...

Such as, Range. The best range in the army is 24" on a unit that is very easily taken out by anything that can best that Range (lots).

Wraithguard are tough to shoot down, but not so much in CC. Conceal won't save them from powerfists/weapons and you will have trouble keeping them out of assault. Conceal helps a bit by allowing you a 33% chance to save from the nasty shots that ignore your armor, however these guys need Fortune to boost that 33% to a 55% and make them really tough to gun down. But always beware Vindicators and Battle Cannons, and the like. (they will hurt you badly from out of range)

Similarly, your Warlocks are almost as fragile as Sisters. Same T, and a slightly better Sv when Fortuned (and you will be Fortuning these squads). They have terrible range themselves, but may just be trying to Fleet into assault. They will be tough units to get proper use out of for sure. Beware massed S 6 fire, one such odd wound an a Farseer has a 25% chance to bring him down. (and that ruins the entire squad).
------

So, slow-short ranged-and semi fragile but very destructive to anything in that short range. Majority doesn't want to be in assault either.

Ideas? Consider trying to get Eldrad in there. He fits the theme and can toss in an Extra Fortune at the cost of no Fleet.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it possible to make a decent all comers list based around these units, I feel as If I am missing some sort of support unit or I have outfitted my entire army wrong. Please help me trim this into a more competitive list.

What kind of units should I throw in there? I think i need less wraithguard. maybe just 2 squads with eldrad and just one seer counsil or somthing. im not sure..

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
The question is "What don't you want to use?"

I'd like to help you build around the 2+ theme, but there just isn't much else you could do with just those units. You drop some things and put some Warlocks and a Farseer on Jetbikes. They're tough as nails and follow the general 2+ theme.

Serpents could be of some service as well...

Truth be told though, without some speed (Jetbikes or Transports) you will likely get pummeled by a ton of high strength fire at this points level...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Get rid of weapons batteries mabye pick up fire prisms, or war walkers or mabye even some wraithlords as they still fit the 2+ theme

·
Registered
26 Posts
If your going to hoof it across the board why not squeeze in a harlie unit or two to screen for the guards and help them get clear of melees? Not a 2+ unit, but will give your guards a 4+ save and I believe the seer in their squad counts if the guards' locks die.

·
Registered
153 Posts
if youre hoofing it, than hell drop the locks, seer, and support weapons, add eldrad the avatar, and 3 wraithlords..the avatar fortuned will make your opponents cry, him combined with the 3 wraithlords will mix up target priority because the opponent wil have to focus most likely on one target at a time..2 councils on foot are a massive point sink that you could replace with wraithguard in serpents etc..lets of options

·
Registered
7 Posts
My biggest beef with this list:

You have everything wound on a 2+

Then you take doom. ^^

90 points for that, I am sure you could find a better place to put those. :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts