Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am fairly new to warriors of chaos and am in a slow grow league sitting around 1250 right now and i have been trying to figure out what to do to take it to 2400 so i can go to at least black sheep brawl next year. This is what i am thinking about so far. What do you guys think??

Deamon prince, Nurgle, wizard lvl 4, chaos armor, flight, soul feeder, scaled skin, chaos familiar, dragon bane gem, sword of striking, charmed shield (525)

Festus the leach lord (190)
Exalted hero, BSB, Nurgle, halberd, scaled skin, dawnstone, dragon helm. (206)

18 warriors, nurgle, full command, banner of discipline, shields, halberds (405)

39 mauraders, nurgle, flails, full command (420)

6 hounds with vanguard (46)

chimera, regen, fire breath (275)

4 skull crushers, standard, musician, enscorseled weapons(332)

Leaves me at 2399

Feastus goes with the mauraders to make them scary and a good bunker for him. Hero goes with the warriors(maybe mauraders to be harder to kill)

Chimera and deamon prince run around as super friends and skullcrushers run around and act as an extra hammer unit or harassing side flanks.

Prince gets access to both nurgle and death with 5 spells so he can either super buff himself or be a super killer with purple sun or character sniping and that lovely wound restoration.

Not sure what I think of the mauraders so here is another list I was toying with:

Deamon prince, Nurgle, wizard lvl 4, chaos armor, flight, soul feeder, scaled skin, chaos familiar, dragon bane gem, sword of striking, charmed shield (525)

Exalted hero, BSB, Nurgle, halberd, scaled skin, dawnstone, dragon helm. (206)

22 warriors, nurgle, full command, banner of discipline, shields, halberds (485)(festus and BSB go here to make a deathstar unit)
Chaos chariot, Nurgle(125) (another mark maybe?)
7 hounds with poison(46) I had extra points and unsure what to do.

chimera, regen, fire breath (275)

Hell cannon(210)

Leaves me at 2397

I am looking for something fairly competitive but centered around nurgle. I dont need it to be 100% nurgle but would like it to mostly be so. I am very open to suggestions because all I have right now are like 48 warriors and the bsb as well as a lord on a demonic mount. I would like to run a small unit of Skull crushers just because I have an awesome conversion in mind and they were my next planned buy for this list.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
had a couple things I couldnt take in there. Tooled around with it more so here is what I am thinking

Deamon prince, Nurgle, wizard lvl 3, chaos armor, flight, soul feeder, scaled skin, chaos familiar, Fire breath, dragon bane gem, sword of striking, charmed shield (525)

Exalted hero, BSB, Nurgle, halberd, barded mount, dawnstone, dragon helm. (202)

22 warriors, nurgle, full command, banner of discipline, shields, halberds (405)
chaos chariot of khorne(120)

2X chimera, regen, fire breath (275)

Leaves me at 2399

I could drop the chariot for some hounds instead if that is better.

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
Hounds are great. Most things in a WoC army are expensive and elite, so having a couple of hound units really helps both for cheap deployment drops and for redirect/screening.

Personally, I like more block units on the table so would drop out a chimera or the skull crushers to get more warriors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts