Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, how's it going?

So, having trouble with deciphering what paints to use/techniques for my scions. I was thinking of going for the 22nd Theoid Gryphonnes, as the colour scheme fits in nicely with the rest of my armies and the fluff matches what I want (yes, yes, I actually like the primes, can we leave it there please :p ).

So my first question is how would you paint them?
From what I can tell the carapace armour is black/dark grey (Abaddon or darkened down leadbelcher?) with a red trim (mephiston perhaps?). Face plate is silver, so was most likely going to go leadbelcher with a layer of runefang steel.

The fatigues at first also look black but when you shine a light on them I think it is supposed to be an incredibly dark red.

The gun I'm having trouble with, not sure what to make of it.

I've attached a picture of a scion for reference.

Second question is what colour would you go for the tempestor prime's trench coat? I'd definitely want a contrast of colours, so something slightly brighter but not too bright to look ridiculous.

Any help you guys could give me would be fantastic!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Well... I'm not doing exactly that, but for the inquisitorial storm troopers that I'm finishing off with a box of scions, I'll be glossing the black primer with 'ardcoat varnish, then washing it with nuln oil. That will give it a dulled shine like what you can see on that picture and doesn't require the artificial grey highlights - which I suck at.

My red will likely be khorne red/mechrite red, red gore, blood red, baal red wash, baal red wash, nuln oil wash, to give an effect like this eversor:
Well, the plus side of having no life with uni and full time work is that I get painting done listening to lectures.

I got these three done this weekend, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts