Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few changes here and there from 7th edition. What do you think?

Sorceror Lord
Lvl 4
MoT
Chaos Steed
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Dispel Scroll

Chaos Sorceror
Lvl 2
Infernal Puppet

Battle Standard Bearer Exaulted Hero
MoN
Chaos Steed
Shield
Festering Shroud

Chaos Warriors (x20)
MoK
Extra Hand Weapons
Shields
Full Command

Chaos Warriors (x20)
MoN
Shields
Full Command

Chaos Marauders (x12)
MoS
Light Armour
Shield

Marauder Horsemen (x5)
MoS
Flails
Musician

Marauder Horsemen (x5)
MoS
Flails
Musician

Chaos Knights (x9)
MoN
Banner of Rage
Full Command

= 2249

BSB and lvl4 Sorceror go in with the Knights. The small unit of marauders hide and shelter the lvl2.

:victory:

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you run HW with shields, I prefer MoT for the warriers. I'd try to cut down the warrior blocks and 12 marauders will not be effective. I'm not sure that you will get all ten wide into combat (due to 25mm base and not all armies running horders or benefit from going 4 ranks five wide from steadfast. I think that there is a legitimate debate as to which combo is best for the warriors, halberds with shields (shields pay off from shooting and magic); AHW; or HW and shield for parry save bonus.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
For Warriors there are 2-3 builds that are best:
1, the best butchers are undisputedly MoK Warriors with Halberds, since the extra attacks work only for the first rank, while the Halberds buff not only the first rank, but the support attacks of the second rank
2, the most resilient title is debated... well, for some at least. Theres the usual MoN Warriors with Shields, which is nice and everything, but all you have is a harder to hit 3+. In comparison, Tzeentchian Warriors with Shields have a 3+/5++ in close combat, not to mention that should they get a ward save somehow (like Blasted Standard or from a double 6 from a Warshrine), its improved by one. But then again, if you prefer MoN and you want a resilient unit then go for it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah jury is still out for me too!

Tried it out last night against a shooting dwarf army and bloody mangled it in 3 turns with over half his army gone.

The Khorne double hand weapons are glued and painted so i wont be changing them and they have a humour factor when it comes to putting down the 5 dice for a basic champion. Against T3 they will rip the crap out of them.

The nurgle warriors and knights were absolutely unstoppable with the -1 to BS; so they are definitely staying.

REALLY keen on MoK and halberd so fairly sure they will be the last unit!

Oh and by the way the marauders are only there to house the second sorceror so my infernal puppet doesn't get wiped out. Thought it was obvious... :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts