Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is a list a have thrown together for a upcoming tourament at my local club. It is themed so i will not be using DP's or obliterators ect, please tell me what you think and any tactics that i could employ, all comments and critism are welcome.

The forces that i know will defo be playing are:
SM blood angels
DH-WH
Dark eldar
Mech Eldar
Tau

My list:

lord w/bike, PF, Mok -155

x10 berzerkers w/champ, x2 plasma pistols, PF -280
x10 berzerkers w/champ, x3 plasma pistols, melta bombs -275
x10 CSM w/champ, Icon Khorne, x2 meltas, PF -240

x3 Rhinos w/extra armour -150

x10 bikers w/champ, x2 meltas, PW, melta bombs, Icon Khorne -415

x1 predator w/TL-Lascannon turret, Lascannon sponsons -165

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
So here is a list a have thrown together for a upcoming tourament at my local club. It is themed so i will not be using DP's or obliterators ect, please tell me what you think and any tactics that i could employ, all comments and critism are welcome.

The forces that i know will defo be playing are:
SM blood angels
DH-WH
Dark eldar
Mech Eldar
Tau

My list:

Looks good. Well, as good as a Lord probably could be anyway...

Fine. Drop the squad size down to 7 guys + champ. The squad is still effective, and you save some points
Same as above, and the champ NEEDS a power fist
Fine

Fine
Fine

You really need to get some more heavy support in this list
Ok, so in my opinion, the list isnt bad. For a tournament list, its pretty shocking though. Only 3 troop choices at 2250?? You want at least 4 in there. Lords as an HQ?? Sorcerers are much better, they can still take a bike, and get psychic powers. You really need more than 1 heavy support selection. For a tournament list, it shouldnt really be a themed list, because then in some cases, you sacrifice an effective unit because it "dosn't fit with the theme". So just paint your Obliterators in World Eater Colors :wink:

This list would struggle against every army above, with the possible exception of Dark Eldar. You need to have a really big re-think of this list

Good Luck :victory:

·
Registered
18 Posts
You basically shut everyone up with wanting no oblits and no dp's.. Lol. Everyones a broken record and doesn't know anything outside oblits and dp's.

I think the list is original but I'm new to 40K and unfortunately don't have any tips :/

Lemme know how it goes!

-Lasrix

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well here is what I would do:

Lord on bike, w/Fist, MoK
Lord on bike, w/Fist, MoK

8 Berzerkers, Champ w/ Fist and Icon, 2 Plasma Pistol
8 Berzerkers, Champ w/ Fist and Icon, 2 Plasma Pistol
8 Lesser Daemons
8 Lesser Daemons
8 Lesser Daemons
8 Lesser Daemons

2 Rhino w/ Extra Armour

8 Bikers, Champ w/ PW and meltabombs, 2 Melta, IoK
8 Bikers, Champ w/ PW and meltabombs, 2 Melta, IoK
8 Raptors, Champ w/ Lightning Claws, 2 Melta, IoK

Math might be wrong but 2250?

Got some more troops in there for objectives or for dropping off from Bikes on enemies you are avoiding. I'm not sure how it will do against Eldar?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Don't give power fists to Lords. Give at least one a daemon weapon. A DW of Khorne can be devastating. In fact, I would give up one of the lords and get more heavy support, where you seem to be sorely lacking. It's a shame you're not taking Obliterators as they really are some of the best choices. But if you're sure... A Vindicator would help. Or, channel those points into a few Rhinos.

For your CSMs, why are you taking an Aspiring Champ if you're not going to do anything with him? Give him a power fist or something (it helps against vehicles and in CC) I mean, the only reason I can fathom for an upgradless champ is for another CC attack (Their leadership is boss already), and these guys clearly will be secondary to the Berzerkers.

Again, I would also advise Rhinos for at least 2 of your troops

·
Registered
311 Posts
i gotta disagree when it comes to the khorne d weapon it will bite u as often as not. i hate depending on luck to make a unit effective p fists are good choices. i'd drop the plasma pistols to find points for more p fists

·
Registered
670 Posts
My list:

Have you considered mark of nurgle for your lord bikers? Makes those lords T6! You want attacks go lightning claws which give a +1 and re-roll, you have bolters on the bike to fire already ;) . I certainly wouldn't take a power fist as you're wasting that high initiative.

What's the point taking a champion with melta bombs? Take a power fist or don't bother with the champion, costs too much points for so little benefit.

Again, consider MoN on your bikes for T6! :)

Try and take tanks in pairs or else you'll find it will become a victim of target priority and won't last long. If you want to cut down points a autocannon and lascannons isn't too bad.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
good advice from mercer.

MoN is feasible (my personal preference), but if it proves too expensive, i'd go with MoS. T5, I5 bikers FTW.

good hunting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts