Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't posted in awhile, moving caused me to forsake warhammer for a while. This is a list based on Skrag and Gorgers Ill be up against woodelf archer lines and Slann magic heavies. Advice?

Lord
Skrag- Lvl 4 mage- 400
Heroes
Butcher – Lvl 2 Mage SiegeBreaker, Skullmantle - 180
Butcher- Lvl 2 Mage Dispel Scroll x 2 - 170

Troops
Bulls – 10- Ogre Clubs - 350
Bulls-10 – Ogre Clubs- 350
Bulls – 10 – Ogre Clubs - 350
Special
Gorger-75
Gorger-75
Gorger-75
Gorger-75
Gorger-75
Gorger-75

= ~2250

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
This list actually looks quite solid. not what I would run, but powerful, I would only say get at least standards on the bulls, all the extra res helps. Also, why 10 bulls? I would think 11 or 8 to be best, so you get maximum frontage, but still all the ranks attacking because of your monstrous infantry

·
Registered
312 Posts
I like the list as well. The main thing you need to remember is to protect Skrag until he can get into combat. Screen him or hide him behind buildings. I used him against Skaven and the doom wheel killed him on the first turn. It sucked majorly!

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Scrag can join units so he isnt too hard to protect (although since his base is different dimensions he has to 'tack on' to the side of the front rank, not push his way in (so he neevr helps ranks).

One thing that you have to change is that you cannot have 2 scrolls on a butcher anymore- its an arcane item and you can only carry 1 arcane item per game (the scroll/power stone exclusion to that rule has gone).

Personally I would get rid of both the butchers- they really arent doing anything for you other then allowing muti-casts of the same spell (not a huge thing).... certainly not worth the extra 350pts they cost. Instead I would either get another unit of bulls or a BSB (speare points for extra ogres/command).
If you did go for the extra bulls then I would combine 2 sets into a hoard (and for certain give that unit banner and musician). A unit of 18 bulls plus a few characters or spare bulls (so you can take wounds and stay 'full') is awesome... and a staple of my ogre armies. I rely on it far too much since its just about the only thing other then a scraplauncher that can deal with hoard enemy units and deathstars (especially HE ones).

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'd definitely merge into a horde unit.

I smashed the hell out of a tooled up 14 strong rat ogre unit with hatred, frenzy and all the special handlers with mine yesterday. The ogres merely counted as wound markers to be honest, which means you need a hell of a lot of them when facing anything even nearly your size or any other deathstar unit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Lord
Skrag- Lvl 4 mage- 400
Heroes
Butcher – Lvl 2 Mage SiegeBreaker, Skullmantle - 180
Butcher- Lvl 2 Mage Dispel Scroll x 1 - 155

Troops
Bulls – 18- Ogre Clubs- Banner bearer (Butcher Siegebreaker)
Bulls – 12 – Ogre Clubs- (Skrag)
Special
Gorger-75
Gorger-75
Gorger-75
Gorger-75
Gorger-75
Gorger-75

=2250

This is the revised list with bigger hordier units, any last thoughts before it goes into production?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts