Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
2250 Pts - Dwarfs

Dwarf Lord (1 , 173 pts)
Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Shield;

Thorek Ironbrow (5 , 505 pts)
Thorek Ironbrow
Anvil Guards
4+ Ward Save against magic and normal missiles.; Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Shield

Dwarf Warriors (25 , 425 pts)
long beard Upgrade to Rangers; Musician ; Standard Bearer ; Hand
Weapon; Great Weapon; Throwing Axe; Heavy Armour; Shield; Scouts
Veteran
Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Throwing Axe; Heavy Armour; Shield

Thunderers (10 , 140 pts)
Hand Weapon; Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour

Artillery Battery (4 , 45 pts)
Bolt Thrower
Crew
Hand Weapon; Light Armour

Artillery Battery (4 , 45 pts)
Bolt Thrower
Crew

Artillery Battery (4 , 90 pts)
Cannon Crew

Ironbreakers (28 , 424 pts)
Musician ; Standard Bearer ; Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Shield
Ironbeard
Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Shield
Rune of Courage: Unit is Immune to Fear and Terror.

Miners (8 , 123 pts)
Underground Advance: See Dwarf rulebook p36; Hand Weapon; Pick; Heavy Armour
Prospector
Hand Weapon; Steam Drill; Heavy Armour

Gyrocopter 140
Steam gun: Flame template, S3, -1 armor save, may not stand and shoot.; Flyer

Gyrocopter 140
Steam gun: Flame template, S3, -1 armor save, may not stand and shoot.; Flyer

Total Cost: 2250
Roster Statistics
Casting Dice: 2
Dispel Dice: 7
General's Ld: 10
# Models: 91

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
This isn't a legal army (under 7th or 8th, but since 8th comes out this Saturday, I'll just address those points.)

Both the Dwarf Lord and Thorek Ironbrow are Lords; at 2250 you can have up to 562 points (25%) spent on Lords. You have 678.

The Longbeard Rangers unit is also illegal, purely because you don't have a unit of regular warriors anywhere. You cannot have more units of Longbeards than you do regular Warriors.

The rest of the army's fine, but I'm not sure how effective it'll be overall. Certainly, the two gyrocopters won't do what they used to since you can still march within 8'' of an enemy unit on a successful leadership check.

The Dwarf Lord, should you decide to keep him, could probably stand having a few runes. If not, maybe just give him a great weapon-- it's not like he's going first in combat anyway.

The Ironbreakers probably don't need the runic standard. Fear and Terror aren't that big an issue in 8th, and certainly not for a unit like Ironbreakers. You might consider giving them magic resistance, though. Dwarves lost some of their innate anti-magic abilities in 8th, and protecting that unit from some of the more excessive spells might not be a terrible plan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This isn't a legal army (under 7th or 8th, but since 8th comes out this Saturday, I'll just address those points.)

Both the Dwarf Lord and Thorek Ironbrow are Lords; at 2250 you can have up to 562 points (25%) spent on Lords. You have 678.

Yes but becuse thorek ironbrow is a lord and a hero im at 425.2 for lords and the other halve of his points go in to the hero palace

The Longbeard Rangers unit is also illegal, purely because you don't have a unit of regular warriors anywhere. You cannot have more units of Longbeards than you do regular Warriors.

No its no im allwod to take one unite of longbeards inaddtion to the normal allowance This repersents worriers from the lords clan
The rest of the army's fine, but I'm not sure how effective it'll be overall. Certainly, the two gyrocopters won't do what they used to since you can still march within 8'' of an enemy unit on a successful leadership check.

noted thanksbut 2 copters in the flank and 8 miners in the rear

The Dwarf Lord, should you decide to keep him, could probably stand having a few runes. If not, maybe just give him a great weapon-- it's not like he's going first in combat anyway.

ya ill probally drop one to give other units runes

The Ironbreakers probably don't need the runic standard. Fear and Terror aren't that big an issue in 8th, and certainly not for a unit like Ironbreakers. You might consider giving them magic resistance, though. Dwarves lost some of their innate anti-magic abilities in 8th, and protecting that unit from some of the more excessive spells might not be a terrible plan.

ya i dont know enoff of the new rules yet but my friend and i are geting a new rule book so once i konw how that works ill change it up
thank for the input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts