Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lords
Tomb King (Great Weapon, Shield, Armour of Eternity, Collar of Shapesh, Dragonbane Gem) = 279pts

Tomb King (Crown of Kings, Enchanted Shield = 220pts)

Heroes
Liche Priest (Enkhil's Kanopi) = 135pts

Core
30 Skeleton Warriors, Bows = 180pts
30 Skeleton Warriors, Light Armour, Spears and Shields = 360pts

Special
25 Tomb Guard (Full Command, Full Command, Mirage Standard) = 370pts

4 Carrion = 96pts

Rare
Screaming Skull Catapult = 90pts
Screaming Skull Catapult = 90pts
Bone Giant = 220pts

I'm considering splitting the Bowmen into 2x15.

A few things different from the army now -

Incantations - due to new magic rules, are going to be pretty hard to cast - I can only hope that with multiple casts at low difficulty (5 in total, one at 2D6), that my opponent will either double up to dispel one spell, leaving me free to cast a couple of smites or summons. Crown of King just reinforces that - sort of going under the radar.

Both Tomb Kings go into one unit. The Collar of Shapesh and Armour of Eternity Character always fights in challenges - he's really tough - T5, all successful to wound MUST be rerolled, all wounds then have a 4+ chance to be rebounded onto a friendly model. This gets even lower if they have a flaming weapon, thanks to the Gem (2+ Ward Save versus). He has a 5+ Ward Save versus War Machines, and opponents reroll to hits at range thanks to the Banner.

So, to cause even one wound in a challenge;
WS 7+, S7+ = 4 Attacks
WS 7+, S6 = 5 Attacks
WS 7+, S5 = 6 Attacks
WS 6, S5 = 8 Attacks
It only gets worse from then on in.

The Carrion are just War Machine, Fast Cavalry and Lone Character hunters.

Comments and Criticism Please?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
442 Posts
would look into taking a high priest instead of the second king and carrion are no where near as gd in 8th ed also take the hieratic jar gr8 item

·
Registered
353 Posts
That looks quite solid, but I must ask, no Ushabti? They seem to be a new staple for TK with thunderstomp and the new combat rules for monstrous infantry.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would look into taking a high priest instead of the second king and carrion are no where near as gd in 8th ed also take the hieratic jar gr8 item
If anything, I'll take the Cloak of the Dunes over the Kanopi. The Bound Spell is not just a way for me get rid of Dispel Dice (which once per game Double Spell is not going to be that utilitarian), but also gets rid of the annoying RiP spells - Throne of Vines, Flaming Sword, Wildform, and of Course, Kadon. With only a +1 to dispel those sort of things, it's going to be pretty hairy - and of course, with someone having something like Kadon up, they're going to want to dispel the Bound Spell - allowing me to get double at least a double My Will Be Done.

I'd thought about Ushabti. But at what they cost, they just don't double up with equivalent units to be worth the cost - check out Minotaurs, Trolls or Dragon Ogres - all wipe the floor with them, for either less, or a little bit more, and have less to worry about in general. Yes, Yes, you can raise them up, but the point of the matter is that they're not up to scratch. The army in general isn't but I'm afraid that when I've been used to my Chaos Trolls, they just don't sit that well with me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
168 Posts
personally i'd switch out the carrion for a tomb scorpion, it does what you want the carrion to do, alot better, it's a bit more of a risk, but i prefer it, especially since the carrion can only fly 10 inches, since they can't march. and i'd just bring bare skeleton warriors, without light armor, or spears, i've never seen them kill anything either way, but ones cheaper. but those are really just my preferences, I like the list, and it should really work well for you.

·
Registered
442 Posts
why are incantations hard to cast now to be honest tomb king magic became horrendous right here is my high priest he gets 3d6 for a spell and whatever he rolls equals a cast and he can do this twice you are not limited by dice like other armies also your army is going to struggle raising

1 - 6 of 6 Posts