soul grinder 160
phlegm

soul grinder 160
phlegm

soul grinder 160
phlegm

total 2248

C and C welcome.

Anything i should be ready for as this is my 1st tournament?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Personally I think the Bloodthister is better than the Keeper, with Flight and better stats, but that's just my own personal opinion. The Keeper is still decent if you really have your heart set on him.

Fateweaver's save rerolls are a bit deceptive, especially in high cost games. Enough things are on the board that can shoot him that eventually he'll fail a Leadership test and just leave. Also, you can get slightly more firepower, and a LOT more wounds, at a much lower point cost with two very-upgraded Heralds of Tzeentch on chariots.

Also, while Bloodcrushers are pretty hard to kill, they're slow as hell and not much use against vehicles. Sure you can give one fury, but that's about it. I'd definitely keep at least one unit of them, but you should consider the other Elite choices as well. I'm especially fond of Fiends--sure they're not as resilient, but they move faster, have hit and run, and all have rending and a crap load of attacks, giving them much better odds against vehicles. Flamers are also a fantastic way to quickly destroy high-priority targets, decimate large units or disable a land raider or other similar hard-to-kill tank.

All of the troop choices are good at something, so you can't really go wrong there. Something to keep in mind, though--a horror's shots can't get through a normal space marine's 3+ armor save, but a bloodletter can. Daemonettes are also the only troop choice that's got at least a respectable chance of harming vehicles. I'm not necessarily saying to change your troop choices, as those are still decent, but it's something to consider. Also, I haven't tried nurglings, but they didn't sound terribly appealing when I was reading about them. You might be better off with something more destructive.

I like to have a mix of princes and soul grinders, as each has its particular uses depending on the situation, but I can definitely see the appeal of 3 soul grinders. I'd probably try it out if I was ambitious enough to put more than one together.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with bloodcuddler. Feind are one of the best choices for our elite slot there is. I personally never run a daemon list without a unit of them. Also, I think your squad sizes are a bit too small. With sizes that small they will drop quickly to rapid fire bolters. As far as the thirster/keeper thing, I really like them both. I think with fateweaver, the thirster is actually better. they both have flight, so you don't have to worry about 1 slowing the other down.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Small squads are a little more forgivable with Horrors if you're just using them to shoot things. I do this against my Imperial Guard friend sometimes to take out multiple Heavy Weapons Teams. Sure they probably won't last long, but the point is to have them show up and shoot something I don't want shooting at my Bloodthirsters and Daemon Princes. If they survive after that, then awesome--if not, they've served their purpose already.

That said, that's not always the best way to go against everything. Against Space Marines I don't even use Horrors at all. It's best when you're fighting a large number of smaller units, such as an I Guard troop platoon.

You could also do that so you have more units to bend the rules of Daemonic Assault. The units don't need to have comparable point costs, so you could have tiny units of Horrors on the half you don't bring in, allowing you to automatically bring in more points worth of units on the first turn.

As ranged Troops, Horrors are the only thing that can really still be useful divided up this way. It might be a good idea to group your Plaguebearers up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts