Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeing as I've recently finished painting my last Eldar minis, I've started putting together a few ideas for further expansion of my army. I currently have about 3500 points of miniatures in total, but not all the stuff I have is suitable for the mobile army I want. And since I want to buy some more miniatures anyway, I came up with the following list. Tell me what you think. The red stuff are things I don't own yet.

HQ - Eldrad
= 210 pts

Troop - 10 Dire Avengers
Exarch w/ Twin Shuriken Catapult + Bladestorm
Wave Serpent w/ Twin Linked EML + Shuriken Cannon + SS
= 292 pts

Troop - 10 Dire Avengers
Exarch w/ Twin Shuriken Catapult + Bladestorm
Wave Serpent w/ Twin Linked EML + Shuriken Cannon + SS
= 292 pts

Troop - 5 Rangers
= 95 pts

Troop - 5 Rangers
= 95 pts

Troop - 4 Guardian Jetbikes
w/ 1 upgraded to Shuriken Cannon
= 98 pts

Elite - 6 Fire Dragons
(mounted in Falcon)
= 96 pts

Elite - 6 Fire Dragons
Wave Serpent w/ Twin Linked Scatter Laser + Shuriken Cannon + SS
= 231 pts

Elite - 10 Harlequins
8x Harlequin's Kiss
Troupe Master w/ Harlequin's Kiss
Shadowseer
= 262 pts

Heavy Support - Falcon
w/ Scatter Laser + Holofields + Spirit Stones
= 175 pts

Heavy Support - Fire Prism
w/ Holofields + Star Engines + Spirit Stones
= 175 pts

Heavy Support - Fire Prism
w/ Holofields + Star Engines + Spirit Stones
= 175 pts

Total = 2196

---

I've outfitted the Prisms with Star Engines and Spirit Stones so I can use them as high speed rammers if their weapons get destroyed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
First off dont know why u made it 2200 i am pretty sure no one plays game at that level its 1000 1500 1750 1850 2000 2500 but hey w/e

Things to add points put Bright Lances on the wave serpents giving more AV 14 which at that points lvl is needed.
Upgrade rangers to pathfinders 2+ better than 3+ and 5+ ap1 is AWSOME

troupe master waste of points and not really adding anything to Harlies.
Also ur list is quite mechanized not sure if they fit but are fun.
Mabye add a cheap doom seer and grab some Howling banshees and another Wave Serpent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off dont know why u made it 2200 i am pretty sure no one plays game at that level its 1000 1500 1750 1850 2000 2500 but hey w/e
Well I often see WHF players play at that level, but I wasn't sure if it was common for 40K.

I'm pretty sure 1700 is rather common as well in addition to the values you listed - for instance at the Dutch GT.

Still, bumping it up to 2500 should be fun

Things to add points put Bright Lances on the wave serpents giving more AV 14 which at that points lvl is needed.
Well I like the versatility offered by the EML (Plasma missiles) - but I guess I have enough other stuff to take care of infantry in the open. There is something to be said for a weapon that hits 75% of the time (twin-linked at BS3), and penetrates AV14 on 5+

Upgrade rangers to pathfinders 2+ better than 3+ and 5+ ap1 is AWSOME
Sounds good

troupe master waste of points and not really adding anything to Harlies.
Well it's 16 points extra for an additional attack and +1 LD (since I would have gotten a Harlequin's kiss anyway if I take a normal Harlequin instead) - not sure about this one, price does seem a bit steep if you consider that you can get Bladestorm for less.

Also ur list is quite mechanized not sure if they fit but are fun.
The list is also pretty low on close combat troops, and Harlies are a virtually unheard of choice at my FLGS, and I really like the models

Mabye add a cheap doom seer and grab some Howling banshees and another Wave Serpent.
I already have 3 Elite choices with this list, so I'd have to drop the Harlies. Also, the shape of my Battlefoam trays limits me to 6 tanks - and they're a bit too pricy to replace on a whim. Don't get me wrong, I really like Banshees and have used them to great effect in earlier games.

Doomseer sounds good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts