- Melta Bombs
Rhino
- Havoc Launcher

1169pts

Heavy Support:

2 x Obliterators

150pts

Total: 2099pts

These are the models I own for chaos, and I would like some reccomendations, perhaps tactics? :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
The list looks ok, not alot of anti tank. So I'm not sure what your plan is on getting ppl out of their own transports.

I'm a huge fan of Oblits., they do Anti Armor and anti MEQ-TEQ. But you could always bring havocs or a predator as your anti armor.

The Havoc Launcher on the Khorne Rhino is probably a waste, you should be moving it as far forward as possible so your guys can get out the next turn and kill things.

I always try to work Termies into my lists but they just don't seem to pull their pts, if you do bring them in the raider think about running Demonic Possession on it so it ignores shaken and stunned with a BS of 3. Everything is Twinlinked so that it shouldn't matter too much. Also possibly change the power fists into chain fists on them, it will give them that much more armor pen ability.

Nix the personal icons they really do nothing for you. You aren't deepstriking anything and you have no summoned demons. So they are just a waste of 5 pts each. The power fist on the lord is considered by some to be a waste of the 5 initiative. Pop his arm off and give him a deamon weapon/power weapon.

If I had to play this army the way you have it set up I would run the termies in the middle of the board with a 1k sons and Zerker squads to one side. I would choose a flank and run the other 1k sons and zerks together over there and set the oblits either with them or in a position where I could fire on potential targets in either lane. I would have Kharne and the lord run with the a zerk squad each.

I would then try to crack transports with the oblits and raider. the Turn after I cracked a transport I would judge the risk of counter assaults and either double tap the full 1k sons squad into the dudes that lost their ride or I would set up a 1-2 punch with them and the termies/zerks. After gaining the center-line of the table I would start to kill my way to the far objectives or hold back depending on the opponent and the army I was facing.

Just some thoughts random ideas. GL

·
Registered
129 Posts
HQ:

Kharne the betrayer: 165pts
a taste of awesomeness :p
Chaos Lord
- MOK
- Combi Melta
- Power Fist
- Personal Icon
i think khorne lord with a power fist without a terminator armor is kinda useless, hes gonna get punched in the face before he does something. pair of lightings claws or an awesome daemon weapon would suit better and if you do, give him a melta bomb, just in case(walkers xd)
300pts

Elites:

5 Terminators
- 2 Powerfists
- 1 Reaper Autocannon
- 1 Combi Melta
- 1 Icon of Khorne
reaper autocanon is stupid, take a heavy flamer instead or put some lightnings claws
Land Raider
- Havoc Launcher
- Combi Flamer
awesome
475pts

Troops:

8 x Thousand Sons
1 x Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
- Personal Icon
- Melta Bombs
Rhino
- Combi Flamer
- Havoc Launcher
awesome, only against horde tho, instead of a combi flamer, think of a combi melta or a combi plasma :p(for bigs things :p)
8 x Thousand Sons
1 x Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
- Personal Icon
- Melta Bombs
Rhino
- Combi Flamer
- Havoc Launcher
awesome, only against horde tho, instead of a combi flamer, think of a combi melta or a combi plasma :p(for bigs things :p)
8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion
- Power Weapon
- Personal Icon
- Melta Bombs
Rhino
lets hope the support is going to be good, cause without a power fist, vs montrous creature or walker = dead to your berserkers
8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion
- Power Fist
- Personal Icon
- Melta Bombs
Rhino
awesome, but take out the melta bomb, is you have a power fist, there's no need of a melta bomb, melta bomb is only 1 shot, power fist 3 without charging ^^(with charging = 4 + str 9)
- Havoc Launcher

1169pts

Heavy Support:

2 x Obliterators
awesome
150pts

These are the models I own for chaos, and I would like some reccomendations, perhaps tactics? :)
tactics eh?? well with what you have, i would use the berserkers with a lord against the enemy flank(there are awesome at that :p) and use your thousand sons as a center point with the land raider and then call for the oblits for support when needed or they can just sit in a bulding and shoot everything they see(exept each other xD)

·
Registered
941 Posts
This army would be great against 'nids! I'd be interested to see how it'd do against the tau... Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

The reason I am lacking in Heavy Support is because I have been focusing on getting troops for the army.

I have some tactics I might use, for instance, I have left deciding whether to take the LR separately, or to leave it with the termis. Meaning that I could deep strike the terminators (which is why I took the icons). Also, the Oblits are the same.

Also, and suggestions on what more I should get for my chaos? I've been told that a couple of normal marine squads would be good, along with rhinos for them (the squads to be kitted out with meltas...).

Cheers

·
Registered
384 Posts
HQ:

Kharne the betrayer: 165pts

Chaos Lord
- MOK
- Combi Melta
- Power Fist
- Personal Icon

300pts
Take off that power fist. IC's with power fists are super-vulnerable in CC, and it's far more effective to give it to a champ, like you've done. Give him either a Daemon weapon (of you've got the points) or a pair of Lightning Claws. And definitely give him wings. I'd take off the Combi-melta, as a Khornate lord should be for assault. Also, why do you have so many personal icons? For your 1 unit of Oblits? Are you even deepstriking them? I'd advise taking off the PI's. It'll save you 25 points.
Elites:

5 Terminators
- 2 Powerfists
- 1 Reaper Autocannon
- 1 Combi Melta
- 1 Icon of Khorne
Land Raider
- Havoc Launcher
- Combi Flamer
475pts
Take off the Reaper and replace one PF with a Chainfist. Get maybe a few more Combi-weapons in and a pair of Lightning Claws. Khornate Termies can be hell in CC.
Troops:

8 x Thousand Sons
1 x Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
- Personal Icon
- Melta Bombs
Rhino
- Combi Flamer
- Havoc Launcher

8 x Thousand Sons
1 x Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
- Personal Icon
- Melta Bombs
Rhino
- Combi Flamer
- Havoc Launcher

8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion
- Power Weapon
- Personal Icon
- Melta Bombs
Rhino

8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion
- Power Fist
- Personal Icon
- Melta Bombs
Rhino
- Havoc Launcher

1169pts
No complaints. You've got your squads meched up and rarin' to go. But take off the PI's.

Heavy Support:

2 x Obliterators

150pts

Obliterators are quintessential to any Chaos force. Glad you have 'em.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

The reason I am lacking in Heavy Support is because I have been focusing on getting troops for the army.

I have some tactics I might use, for instance, I have left deciding whether to take the LR separately, or to leave it with the termis. Meaning that I could deep strike the terminators (which is why I took the icons). Also, the Oblits are the same.

Also, and suggestions on what more I should get for my chaos? I've been told that a couple of normal marine squads would be good, along with rhinos for them (the squads to be kitted out with meltas...).

Cheers
deep striking termis = no good, only if they are shooty ^^

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is a good list if your still worried about not having enough anti tank prehaps take a squad of chosen with meltas or plasmas and infiltrate and take combi meltas on termies and i wouldnt worrie against walkers with beserker cause you have strenght 9 fist on charge

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeah because deeps striking 5 termis is risky, its alot of attention for the enemies, and they gonna get kicked in the face during 1 turn

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is a good list if your still worried about not having enough anti tank prehaps take a squad of chosen with meltas or plasmas and infiltrate and take combi meltas on termies and i wouldnt worrie against walkers with beserker cause you have strenght 9 fist on charge
if they have a powerfist

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I played this list today, and it went really well actually, although, I was playing a DA army, the ravenwing was dealt with quite easily by the thousand sons.

Although, I assaulted some terminators, with my thousand sons to deny them the charge on my khorne berzerkers after their rhino got blown up (since it had Kharne in the squad), this worked to my advantage, although, he was only using 2 troop choices I ended up winning with my Thousand Sons sat on one objective and my Khorne Berzerkers in a bunker that we used for an objective.

Overall, a good list, but I really need some predators, since they work really well.

Was a tough game, and the lack of Heavy Support and hard hitting Fast Attack needs to be "addressed".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts