Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't done a Bunker Assault yet, and every other battle that has involved vehicles I've defended so I'm not too sure about how to attack this properly.

Warlord:
170 - Chaos Lord - Mark Of Khorne, Juggernaut Of Khorne, Sigil Of Corruption, Axe of Blind Fury

Troop:
170 - Chaos Space Marines (10) - Meltagun, Lascannon
47 - Chaos Rhino - Havoc Launcher (With Marines)

Elite:
280 - Noise Marines (10) - Blast Master (2), Gift of Mutation, Icon Of Excess
47 - Chaos Rhino - Havoc Launcher (With Noise Marines)

Heavy Support:
230 - Chaos Land Raider
140 - Chaos Predator - Twin-Linked Lascannon, Lascannons
125 - Maulerfiend
125 - Maulerfiend

Formation: (New Helbrute Formation)
110 - Helbrute - Reaper Autocannon, Thunder Hammer
135 - Helbrute - Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher
135 - Helbrute - Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher
130 - Helbrute - Power Fist (2), Heavy Flamer (2)
120 - Helbrute - Plasma Cannon, Power Scourge

Fortification:
85 - Aegis Defense Line - Icarus Lascannon

Total: 2049

What I hope to happen with everything:

Warlord - Sneak around, hidden behind cover until he gets close to nice size groups of Orks to send running.

Troop - Inside the Rhino either behind some cover just sniping or more likely than not, moving up and trying to get into his fortifications.

Elite - In the Rhino behind the Aegis defense line, Rhino for extra protection, fire support and possibility of mobile forces if I don't need to hide so much.

Heavy Support - Land Raider and Predator behind Aegis Defense Line, doing what they do best and sniping away at the big stuff and buildings. Why a Land Raider for more lascannons? Because of the "Target Auger" weapon the defending player gets. I want to try and survive that thing with a few big guns.

Formation - Controlling a flank, firing at everything and once it gets close all of the melee fun will happen.

Fortification - Protecting anything I want to have sit back, depending on his army and setup. Icarus lascannon to take out any Dakka Jets and to snipe out anything else.

Please let me know what you would do different and where I should tweak my list.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Should be a soild list.

Personaly I would look to more fast options (and Bunker assault is one of the reasons I like Raptors), to jump in across the table and take control of the Bunkers.

Otherwise it looks a good list. I know this is an older thread, but no one gave feedback so thought it worth the effort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be a soild list.

Personaly I would look to more fast options (and Bunker assault is one of the reasons I like Raptors), to jump in across the table and take control of the Bunkers.

Otherwise it looks a good list. I know this is an older thread, but no one gave feedback so thought it worth the effort.
Thank you! That is something I should have added to make him move around a bit more, but I won in the end because my Helbrutes were ALL alive and they wrecked the bunker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts