Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
While I am excessively new to this, the Imperial list that I am almost at playing is:

Vader - Swarm Tactics (need to buy)
Howlrunner - Swarm Tactics
4x Academy Pilot TIEs (two for each character) (need to buy one more TIE)

Two squads hunting down Rebel targets with four guys (two each) shooting at PS8/9. Howlrunner buffs his squad very nicely on the attack, which makes up for the seemingly constant evading due to the lack of shields on TIE fighters. Vader doesn't buff the squad outside of Swarm Tactics, but his ability to target lock and focus looks pretty solid for getting results on the attack dice.

Though, that list at the bottom of your post looks mighty tasty. I really really want to get Slave 1 as well.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That could actually be quite dirty!
Thanks man, I'm still trying to take in all the upgrade options. It's a simple to play list that packs a decent punch if you play your formations right and watch your stress tokens.

Forgive my new-ness but why would you take a HLC, for the extra shot(s)? It doesn't seem very worthwhile to me, since you don't modify the dice that didn't hit you only modify the ones that did. Is there a reason to take normal hits over critical ones? Personally I'd go Ion Cannon all day, I love the drift it puts ships in. Makes it real easy to sweep in the following phase for the kill since you know where they'll be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts